Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We have no more than ten goals in this squad. There are just no goalscorers in it. Gabby has something like 8 in his last 70 appearances? And is now fat. Ayew isn't an out-and-out striker, and Kozak and Gestede are both shite. Oh well, at least we've got all those goalscoring midfielders . . . 

Forget points, I genuinely don't believe we will score ten more goals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We do, understandably, forget at these times that football is indeed played on a pitch, not in the boardroom. But I think Remi could have chose his words better talking about a lack of quality in the squad, that won't do much for their confidence.

We will lose tomorrow night.

In all likelihood yes - we will lose.

But if we can somehow score the first goal, then you never know. You've got to think that the guys on the pitch have some pride, they've shown it in the last few league games, and if they have something to cling to then they will do it. 

If we concede first, then we might as well just get straight back on the coach.

Someone made an anology earlier about John Gregory regularly complaint about having to battle with the Chairman to get better players and improve the squad. Behind closed doors you have to assume the manager is saying "listen lads, ignore all that stuff in the press. I'm just saying it to put some pressure on the board. I still think we can do this, let's go out there and prove some people wrong". If he's not saying that to the players, then as much as I want Remi to succeed, maybe he should quit.

I've got a sneaky feeling we might win tomorrow. West Ham are a good team, but they are not unbeatable. If we get Lescott and Okore back in the middle, we've got a chance of a clean sheet at least. 

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We do, understandably, forget at these times that football is indeed played on a pitch, not in the boardroom. But I think Remi could have chose his words better talking about a lack of quality in the squad, that won't do much for their confidence.

At least it was more tactful than Sherwood's "losers" assessment.

Progress!! :)

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

We have no more than ten goals in this squad. There are just no goalscorers in it. Gabby has something like 8 in his last 70 appearances? And is now fat. Ayew isn't an out-and-out striker, and Kozak and Gestede are both shite. Oh well, at least we've got all those goalscoring midfielders . . . 

I actually think we have goals in us now from set pieces at least. We've finally got some players who attack corners, and Veretout can actually deliver a decent cross. But yes, our strikers don't currently look like they will ever score.

At least it was more tactful than Sherwood's "losers" assessment.

Progress!! [emoji4]

Well yes quite, he's not a complete moron. And I have taken him out of context there.

He genuinely thinks that with a couple of good signings, a bit of "quality" he could have kept us up. I think he resigned himself to defeat today.

I don't think some realise how bad this is.

The money in the top flight, which we will not have access to, is going to change football. 

The likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Swansea, whoever else stay up, will be able to take our players whenever they please unless we get back very quickly.

Edited by Tomaszk

The big problem here is how on Earth can you see Lerner doing anything to help this club come back up? I just can't see it. All our crown jewels left last summer (what was left of them) and i just don't see much value in the current crop. Lets face it the only way whoever is fall Gu...Oops i mean manager in the summer will be able to spend any money is with whatever he gets from player sales plus the usual 5 or 6 Million Lerner allows on top (Although that will now surely reduce further due to relegation).

They have no Benteke to sell this time so i don't see much of a rebuild taking place just another squad shrinking/cost cutting exercise with a few brought in...It's the Lerner way that we know already and that's exactly the reason this club is no longer a serious destination for players.

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well yes quite, he's not a complete moron. And I have taken him out of context there.

He genuinely thinks that with a couple of good signings, a bit of "quality" he could have kept us up. I think he resigned himself to defeat today.

Yes I'd agree with that.

I'm fairly confident that the players wouldn't be too put out by Remi's words today. I mean, let's face it, if the "lack a bit of quality" comment affects them, I hope to McGrath that they never look at the league table as that would be far more dispiriting in my opinion!

Let's see what the response is tomorrow night, from both Remi and the players. A positive result (which for me, is anything other than a defeat - yeah I know, "another draw") gain a little bit of confidence for that Norwich game.

The fact that we are down is without question really and practically it has been that way for a while requiring merely the confirmation of a date in time for our fait to be mathematically confirmed, it has not been in our control for a long time.

however one thing we retained an element of control over was the manner in which we went down . Were we to go down with a defiant roar proclaiming to all that our stay away would be brief and worse for them.. That we would be back soon and stronger for it. Warning current competitors and future competitors in the championship that we are not to be taken lightly. 

No not for villa . We are going down in a chaotic shambles of awfulness which is suggesting we are in free fall not yet having reached the depths of our failure. Well done randy  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I understand your point and motivation is a crucial element of any kind of success.

However, there is a time for discretion and also a time for some straight talking.

for me.....we have played the discretion card for 5 years, it's now time for some straight talking and candidness.

over to you Remi.

Ps Can these players really be any more demotivated than they already are?

I understand your point and motivation is a crucial element of any kind of success.

However, there is a time for discretion and also a time for some straight talking.

for me.....we have played the discretion card for 5 years, it's now time for some straight talking and candidness.

over to you Remi.

Ps Can these players really be any more demotivated than they already are?

Yes they can. They went five games undefeated, giving maximum effort. The wheels coming off against Manchester City can be explained away.

Though having watched Remi's presser now it's nothing he hasn't said before.

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is probably the most accurate prediction of how the season will pan out. Remi stopped the rot but needed the board to provide some quality for us to score. The board failed him so best we can hope for is to draw our way to 28 points max - Remi knows it and is now looking to leave honorably, we know it and are dreading relegation, the board know it and have without realising accelerated our path towards relegation through consistent unqualified decision making.

I'm genuinely upset today.

This is the first time I genuinely don't see any way out for us.

A win today and Saturday and we were right back in it. Instead we have a defeat with a whimper, players looking demoralised, and our "star" player suspended for 3 games.

Game over.

I am probably way behind many of you, but I need to come to terms with relegation now.

• Like 1

Â