Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yes.

In comparison to top of the table Leicester:

A confident Guzan is as good as Schmeichel.

Okore and Clark at their best are better than Morgan and Huth.

Bacuna and Amavi are better than anything Leicester have at RB or LB.

Kante is a solid defensive midfielder and better than what we have. Although Gueye isn't too far behind.  

Drinkwater and Westwood are comparable.

I'd have Albrighton before Ayew although most here will disagree.

Gil is underrated and the most creative player in both squads.

Traore can be as dangerous or more dangerous than Mahrez.

Kozak is better than Ulloa.

A fit and motivated Agbonlahor I would have ahead of Okazaki.

Vardy is by far the best striker in both squads.

I think we compare favorably and would compare even more favorably to Bournemouth, West Brom and Sunderland.

:crylaugh:

Yes.

Kante is a solid defensive midfielder and better than what we have. Although Gueye isn't too far behind.  

I think we compare favorably and would compare even more favorably to Bournemouth, West Brom and Sunderland.

Have you been in my medication draw?!

• Like 1

Laugh all you want. Put those Leicester players in Villa shirts under Sherwood and Garde and we'd be in the same position or worse than we are now.

If they have anything that we don't it's a player who can bang in goals regularly in Jamie Vardy.

Don't underestimate the influence of a high quality manager.

Edited by Michael118

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yes.

In comparison to top of the table Leicester

- Never in a month of Sundays.

- I like Okore, but as a 2 Morgan and Huth are much, much better. 

- Amavi Yes, Bacuna No.

- Gueye is a long way away on this seasons form. 

- Agreed.

- I think even Albrightons own mother would disagree with that.

- No chance, I don't think Gil would even make the Leicester 11.

- Traore can't get into the team currently sitting bottom of the league, Mahrez will leave Leicester for a huge sum of money in the summer.

- Punch in face or kick in the bollocks?

- I spot a problem

- we agree on something :)

Leicester are over achieving no doubt, but they have a much better squad. We are bottom of the table for a reason, our squad is atrocious. 

Edited by av1

I'd be genuinely surprised if we finish among the Top-10 in the Championship next season, as I suspect the few quality players we do have will be sold off and the money spent on players in will be a symbolic sum at best.

I'd be genuinely surprised if we finish among the Top-10 in the Championship next season, as I suspect the few quality players we do have will be sold off and the money spent on players in will be a symbolic sum at best.

I really don't think any money generated will be put back into strengthening the squad. They ( the board ) want the academy to be used so any gems we have can be sold at a later date. So for the next few years it is going to be tough going. I expect a bottom 7 finish in the Championship next season. At best that is!

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Sadly I agree.  Firstly because our squad are simply terrible. And secondly because I don't think we will be competing financially with our competition. 

You look at some of the rumoured transfers in the Championship this month,  £8 /10m isn't even considered a large investment these days,  Ross McCormack, Jordon Rhodes, all rumoured to be going for sums in the region of £10m. 

The only way this club we be spending £10m on a player for the foreseeable future is if, like in summer, its raised in player sales.

For me, the lack of activity in this window shows me that the board have given up. I don't buy the "we've tried" line, it gets pulled out every year, be it in a different guise this time to the usual "ran out of time"...

i think it's poor that fans will continue pouring their hard earned cash into the club until the end of the season and the board know this...so there's no real reason for them to try to sort things out.

How can the players be motivated by a man (Remi) who's bosses don't seem to give to toss anymore and have thrown in the towel. We really should fear relegation, financially secure of not.

• Like 2

It cracks me up to ever think, if we get relegated an somehow managed to come back up first season, this board would still not invest, an it'll be back in the Championship the season after.

With the TV money coming through it was utterly stupid an naive to not match the amount made on players. Like why did he not invest another 45 million in this squad last summer. Only Lerner could be relegated an miss out on the big bucks. To me that's just stupidity

12 hours ago, av1 said:

- Never in a month of Sundays.

People forget how good Guzan was when he was confident and in form. You can lose confidence but not ability.

-  I like Okore, but as a 2 Morgan and Huth are much, much better. 

Okore and Clark were simply awesome last season. When Clark is confident he is as good or better than Okore. As a pair they have a lot more to their games than Morgan and Huth.

-    Amavi Yes, Bacuna No.

Bacuna is so underrated. Quick, versatile, hard working, has great vision and passing ability. Good defensively and offensively. Plays with heart. Those qualities are pretty rare in a player.

-          Gueye is a long way away on this seasons form. 

I really don’t think Kante would be performing that much better if he was playing for Aston Villa.

-          I think even Albrightons own mother would disagree with that.

I prefer Albrighton. He’s more creative, a better cross, a better link up player and less wasteful.

-          No chance, I don't think Gil would even make the Leicester 11.

I think he’d make it into most premier league teams. He needs to play centrally and as a link between the midfield and strikers. If we had a better midfield and better strikers he would look a lot better.

-          Traore can't get into the team currently sitting bottom of the league, Mahrez will leave Leicester for a huge sum of money in the summer.

Traore couldn't get into the team because Sherwood didn’t think he was ready and Garde thinks he’s too selfish. Even though he creates chances every time he plays and we look 100 times more likely to score. I couldn’t see him being left out if we had a manager like Allardyce.

- Punch in face or kick in the bollocks?

That’s very harsh on Kozak. Our recent mini revival is down to his introduction into the team more than anything else.

A fit and motivated Agbonlahor I would have ahead of Okazaki.

- I spot a problem

It isn’t hard to lose a few kgs. A good manager shouldn’t have too many problems getting him motivated and firing again.

Leicester are over achieving no doubt, with a fairly similar squad. We are bottom of the table for a reason, our main rivals made strong managerial appointments while we made average ones at best.  

Fixed.

I think we need to agree to disagree mate, we are just too far apart in our opinions. 

Edited by av1

18 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yes.

Wow.

If we get battered at West Ham and don't beat Norwich it's all over in my mind. Well it probably is already but I've still got a slight hope we could grind out 4 points from the next two which would still give us a slight chance as Norwich in 17th wouldn't be a huge amount clear of us.

I have been trying to think like Hollis. Average wage in prem is 40k a week, in the championship it is 10k. I think him and Randy will be happier working at that level, much less risky and it's not as though we generated much money in the prem aside from TV. I can see us parked midtable in the championship whilst the club self sustains until a new owner is found - which is why I think Randy will sell us if we go down - because he won't risk a penny trying to get us promoted.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

So its 40k in the PL and only 10k in the championship.FFS dont tell Hollis that because he might do a bit of research and find out its cheaper still in league 1 and 2 and take us there instead.

Just think how much we could save if we were in league 2 ?!

We have no chance now 

Others above have strengthened  not only have we done nothing but now we have only Gabby and Ayew left as fit strikers .The board have given up soon the fans will do the crowds from yesterday will carry on rest of season.In football you need some kind of hope we have none now

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We have no chance now 

Others above have strengthened  not only have we done nothing but now we have only Gabby and Ayew left as fit strikers .The board have given up soon the fans will do the crowds from yesterday will carry on rest of season.In football you need some kind of hope we have none now

Ya may as well give up now, cause Im sorry to tell you, but neither gabby or Ayew are strikers.

Â