Adama Traore

mwj

This is in affect a 3 year loan isn't it?

No.
I kind of is if they decide to by him back. Not that I'm bothered.
This is a team that decided it didn't need Sanchez, Pedro or fabregas in the last few years. No disrespect to Traore because I think he's going to be amazing, but I can't see him returning to Barcelona.
No but they can buy him back for 11 million just to sell him for 30 million year after to say man city
Just can't see them doing that. Has any club done that?

Chelsea did it with Matic, I think he's a brilliant player now
Chelsea bought him back for a hell of a lot more than they sold him for, plus they didn't buy him back to sell on for even more money.

Tim says he's way off fitness atm (similar words to Gestede) so sub appearance at best this weekend for all those putting him straight in the starting 11.

I wonder if there is a little bit of spin in some of these statements about players' fitness?

He looks like he could run all day but I haven't seen him other than a few minutes so don't take anything from that.

I'm finding odd that TS is talking about player's not being fit, why not? Ok he has no control over what happened prior to arriving at Villa but our 1st team didn't look fully fit against MU. Are they genuinely not fit or are they being flogged in training?

Anyway I can't wait to see him, Grealish and Gil in the 1st team.

So is it still almost like a 3 year loan?

Yes. It's like a 3 year loan. You've won.
Well even if it is the buy-back is roughly twice what we've paid so effectively they will have paid us to loan him for three years which is excellent business!
  • Like 2

I'd be happy to loan every Barca youngster that they don't quite think will make it if they like.

Even as a loan it's a stupendous deal for us. If there hadn't been any purchase or buyback or whatever and we'd just flat out loaned Traore, we'd all be very happy with the deal, so who cares if they have a buyback?

Worse case scenario, he plays very well for us, they activate the buyback clause and we get paid more than what we paid for him. We also look like a great little development ground and possibly get on the end of a couple more similar deals from Barcelona in the future.

• Like 4

I'd be happy to loan every Barca youngster that they don't quite think will make it if they like.

Even as a loan it's a stupendous deal for us. If there hadn't been any purchase or buyback or whatever and we'd just flat out loaned Traore, we'd all be very happy with the deal, so who cares if they have a buyback?

Worse case scenario, he plays very well for us, they activate the buyback clause and we get paid more than what we paid for him. We also look like a great little development ground and possibly get on the end of a couple more similar deals from Barcelona in the future.

This exactly. If we had simply loaned him, for one season, and paid for the privilege, would many people on here have been moaning? I doubt it. Instead we've got a much better deal. 

Interesting quote coming out of the press conference from Sherwood "Traore is fit. He hadn't trained for a week during negotiations. The Premier League is a tough league. Hopefully we'll see him at some stage this season. He's definitely one for the future." 

Wonder how far off he really is, I'd imagine Sherwood is trying to dampen expectations somewhat but doesn't sound like he'll be involved for the time being.

Interesting quote coming out of the press conference from Sherwood "Traore is fit. He hadn't trained for a week during negotiations. The Premier League is a tough league. Hopefully we'll see him at some stage this season. He's definitely one for the future." 

Wonder how far off he really is, I'd imagine Sherwood is trying to dampen expectations somewhat but doesn't sound like he'll be involved for the time being.

I'd agree with that ....or he is going to keep him in the reserves for 3 years to stop Barca buying him back  :ph34r:

I think the phrase 'hopefully we'll see him at some stage this season' tells you he isn't going to feature for months to come yet personally. 

I think it's Timothy being a bit naughty.

Thing is, This guy is one they're thinking might yet make it.

Traore has not come to sit on the bench for the next few months.

Looks like Tim disagrees. He reckons he’s one for next season!

Doesn’t want people to see him as the saviour of Aston Villa.

If we take that a face value he won’t be making the bench. Gill and Grealish are fit.

Â