Adama Traore

mwj

Why is he unfit? Do Barcelona not do pre season?

Sherwood seems to have a very strict definition of the word 'fit', which I'm happy about as it's something we can turn into a strength and an asset, but I assume that Barca fit isn't Sherwood fit! Lol. It frustrated me listen to Gary Neville on Friday saying that we were 'looking tired', whenever we were dominating possession, seriously might start muting commentary on football as its so annoying.

• Like 1

We did look tired though in my opinion.

Some players, Gueye& Veretout in particular looked tired after about 35 minutes.

Not too concerned by it but can't dismiss it either.

He could've said Gana and Veretout were tired and I'd have agreed because they did especially towards the ends of the halves, but he said Villa were looking tired and that Man Utd should go for the throat or some such nonsense.

I agree, and also not too concerned about the fitness levels shown, just my opinion of commentators and Neville in particular I suppose. Anyway, fitness will come with time, it's nice to feel so positive about Saturday's again :)

Edited by alreadyexists

Sherwood seems to have a very strict definition of the word 'fit', which I'm happy about as it's something we can turn into a strength and an asset, but I assume that Barca fit isn't Sherwood fit! Lol. It frustrated me listen to Gary Neville on Friday saying that we were 'looking tired', whenever we were dominating possession, seriously might start muting commentary on football as its so annoying.

Huh, Barca fit will be more than sherwood fit. Theyre an elite team having to compete at the highest level throughout the season, they have to be the fittest (especially when doing extreme high press). I just imagine its Barca B isnt up to the standards of premier league as i iamgine Aston vill reserves fitness levels arnt the standard of the first team currently.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Hmm...debating Sherwood fit v Barca fit is all just a bit speculative isn't it? On the one hand Barca play more games and at a higher standard, on the other hand the Premier League is renowned for being faster paced than its European counterparts, so who knows... What we must surely all agree on is that if Sherwood is worth his salt as a manager he'll make it a priority, seeing how many points we've dropped over the past few seasons in the last 10 or 15 minutes. He must also see, especially from Veretout's travails in the first two games, that he's not going to get the best out of these boys until they're fully match fit.

Must agree with AE on Gary Neville, he analysed the whole of Monday nights game as if it were just Man U against this week's fodder, whenever we had a spell of possession it was simply down to them letting us off the hook. Really annoyed me.

On Traore, can't wait to see him play :)

• Like 1

Huh, Barca fit will be more than sherwood fit. Theyre an elite team having to compete at the highest level throughout the season, they have to be the fittest (especially when doing extreme high press). I just imagine its Barca B isnt up to the standards of premier league as i iamgine Aston vill reserves fitness levels arnt the standard of the first team currently.

That was sort of the joke... That Sherwood's expectations were higher that that of Barca. (It's the way I tell them!)

Tim certainly seems to prize fitness highly which is definitely a good thing.

Edited by alreadyexists

oh ok hehe..sry. didnt know was joking

I should've been clearer, I often forget that a lot gets lost on a forum, sarcasm being one of them!

Really looking forward to seeing him terrorise defenders.

are you seriously advocating terrorism here AE. I cant believe you. Its people like you that make puppies and kittens cry tears of blood you know

• Like 2

oh ok hehe..sry. didnt know was joking

I should've been clearer, I often forget that a lot gets lost on a forum, sarcasm being one of them!

Really looking forward to seeing him terrorise defenders.

are you seriously advocating terrorism here AE. I cant believe you. Its people like you that make puppies and kittens cry tears of blood you know

Ahaha! I just can't wait to see him on the shoulder of the last defender and tearing up the pitch (and other metaphors that can be misinterpreted) :)

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I've watched YouTube videos of Adama and Grealish repeatedly since he signed. The same videos, 4 or 5 times.

If played in the same team, they will give us a huge tactical advantage. They're both so adept at running past players, (in different ways), teams will be forced to double up on both of them. It'll push pack defenses on both sides. It'll allow our full backs to advance and put balls in for the golden forehead.

The attacking options are exciting.

• Like 2

Watching all these clips, his style reminds me alot of Keith Gillespie when he used to play Newcastle - very quick, goes past players like they are not even there, almost looks as though he is going to fall over alot of the time but then somehow carries on, and - unfortunately - possibly not the best finished product but still looks like a decent crosser.

Based on that video alone though, I would start him and Grealish on Saturday with one of Gabby / Ayew / Gestede as the main striker.

Â