Adama Traore

mwj

Traore has not come to sit on the bench for the next few months.

Looks like Tim disagrees. He reckons he’s one for next season!

Doesn’t want people to see him as the saviour of Aston Villa.

If we take that a face value he won’t be making the bench. Gill and Grealish are fit.

We'll see.  I do agree that he's not our saviour.  It remains to be seen if he's a very naughty boy.  Being 'one for next season' does not mean we won't see him this season and as others have said, there's no way Traore has come to sit on Villa's bench if he could have sat on Barca's bench instead.  Whether he makes the bench tomorrow is one thing, but he'll be right in and around the first team sooner rather than later IMO.  And I've no problem with Sherwood trying to play down expectations.  It's the right thing to do with a 19 year old you've signed from Barcelona, because it's the kind of expectation that could damage the boy.

• Like 3

I'm thinking it simply means that Adama will not be featuring in the 1st 11 League games for the time being. He will most likely make the bench and have the odd sub appearance at home games.

I'm expecting him to feature and play substantial minutes in all of our Cup matches against lower league sides personally.

• Like 1

If we take that a face value he won’t be making the bench. Gill and Grealish are fit.

We'll see.  I do agree that he's not our saviour.  It remains to be seen if he's a very naughty boy.  Being 'one for next season' does not mean we won't see him this season and as others have said, there's no way Traore has come to sit on Villa's bench if he could have sat on Barca's bench instead.  Whether he makes the bench tomorrow is one thing, but he'll be right in and around the first team sooner rather than later IMO.  And I've no problem with Sherwood trying to play down expectations.  It's the right thing to do with a 19 year old you've signed from Barcelona, because it's the kind of expectation that could damage the boy.

I only liked your post for the Life of Brian reference

• Like 1

I think Sherwood is just calming things down for the lad. Absolutely no way he only appears a few times this season.

I'm thinking it simply means that Adama will not be featuring in the 1st 11 League games for the time being. He will most likely make the bench and have the odd sub appearance at home games.

I'm expecting him to feature and play substantial minutes in all of our Cup matches against lower league sides personally.

Think Sherwood is trying to take the pressure off the lad personally. He looked good on Monday night and I think it's right to ease him into the team.

Don't buy the next season statements really. Would we be paying £7m for a player that's not going to make an impact this season?

I don't think we are in a position to be paying that much for a development prospect while we still lack in other areas on the pitch. Sherwood is just bluffing.

• Like 1

I don't think we are in a position to be paying that much for a development prospect while we still lack in other areas on the pitch. Sherwood is just bluffing.

If so, I hope he's told Adama that.

You have to watch Tim Sherwood rather than just read his comments in the papers. The press aren't inventive enough to say something like "he said with a wry smile", they report everything with stoicism.

Either way it doesn't matter. If he's fit and good enough he will play.

• Like 2

Tim seems to pick his teams based on the training sessions during the week. I'd say if Adama was skinning everyone for fun in training he'd be walking into the squad every game.

Don't forget Tim has been admiring this lad since he was at Tottenham. He must have a plan for him and sees something he can work with.

Edited by Duck

He'll drop him in when he feels the time is right and pull him out when he feels that time is right.....It will all be based on circumstances.

In the meantime he can find out where the toilets are, who everyone on the staff is, get games when they crop up to get match fit, get physically fit....and take it all in.

Edited by TRO

Â