Rudy Gestede

midian

Yes but from what we have heard he had little say in the French signings. You can say what you like about Sherwood but he isn't stupid, he know what he takes to compete in the Premier League and thats not signing young inexperienced players from abroad.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But in games against teams like Arsenal you're only ever going to have a few chances.

If we can't rely on him to put away an easy headed chance, then why is he in the team?

I didn't think Arsenal were very good yesterday. Its not going to be any easier to create chances at Newcastle.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah but it's quite obvious he had little say in some of the signings... 

No it isn't. He had the final say on every signing. The only quotes from him on the matter have confirmed as much.

The transfer team thing seems to have been invented by the press and taken as gospel.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No it isn't. He had the final say on every signing. The only quotes from him on the matter have confirmed as much.

Really? I know he said he had final say, but it doesn't mean they were his targets. I'm sure most of the targets Sherwood wanted were way too pricey for us. (Townsend etc)

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The transfer team thing seems to have been invented by the press and taken as gospel.

Ok we have to agree to disagree but I don't think Sherwood would be that stupid.

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Can you imagine receiving a 6m bid for this guy? Blackburn must have been stunned.

I doubt it. He had an excellent scoring record for them over two seasons. 

Obviously, he's been a disappointing signing, and I have to hold my hands up, I was quite excited to be getting him in the first place, so it shows what I know, but there's no need to rewrite history. He was successful in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Can you imagine receiving a 6m bid for this guy? Blackburn must have been stunned.

If he scores 20 for us in the Championship he'll be worth a lot more than £6million.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously, he's been a disappointing signing, and I have to hold my hands up, I was quite excited to be getting him in the first place, so it shows what I know, but there's no need to rewrite history. He was successful in the Championship. 

Well yes and no, if we were a crossing team he would fit. He doesn't have to be a wonderful player to be a success and the most successful teams recognise balance is imperative. Also if we weren't struggling and he was scoring I'd expect his footwork to be less tense.
I notice one player we released has been a table topper so far this year! Albrighton gives Leicester a lot of balance especially with players like Mahrez and Vardy on the pitch. 

I never thought much about Gestedes ability on the floor, and that to me was important, but it's obvious he's scoring at least once if you put the ball near his head 5 times a game....but we haven't done that since MON. That's a long long time ago!

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really don't understand the whole 'we don't play to his strengths' argument.

Great, so we need to plan our whole season and all our tactics around accommodating a lazy, bumbling championship standard footballer.
It's nonsense. He isn't good enough at this level. He just isn't. 

Get rid, don't even want him in our championship side next year. He doesn't even win that many headers. Bring in someone who can actually control a football.

I wasn't suggesting we build the team around this guy, my point was that he's going to look shit and out of place in our current system as he doesn't have the hold up skills required. I agree he should be dropped for someone else, if we don't intend to cross the ball.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

They would known exactly how good he was, they were laughing all the way to the bank i have no doubts about that.

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I didn't think Arsenal were very good yesterday. Its not going to be any easier to create chances at Newcastle.

Arsenal were awful 2nd half though was more to do with them taking their foot off the gas

Â