Rudy Gestede

midian

There is one area, to me, where he is much better than Benteke.

Likeability. I like him. Never had any feeling for Benteke.

And I want to like (not idolise) our players.

I liked Delph  :(

I did too, but I am not bothered about him leaving or how he left.

I think he will get double figures in the league this season, he's an enormous threat and with good service will gobble up a lot of chances in the box. I was also impressed with his hold up play and ability to make a nuisance of himself by applying pressure on the Bournemouth centre backs,

He sounds like Baker playing striker. 

They're good mates.

Gestede went round to Baker's on Sunday to help him sort his garden out.

Here's them dealing with Nathan's old fence.

ElH2HxN.gif

Unfortunately Baker was laughing so much he fell over and bumped his head, he is out for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

The only thing I can recall is Sherwood's post-match at Bournemouth saying we brought him on earlier than we wanted to as his fitness wasn't there yet. It may just be that a week of training isn't enough for a player that likely didn't have that much of a pre-season with all the talk of moves surrounding him. 

The only thing I can recall is Sherwood's post-match at Bournemouth saying we brought him on earlier than we wanted to as his fitness wasn't there yet. It may just be that a week of training isn't enough for a player that likely didn't have that much of a pre-season with all the talk of moves surrounding him. 

There's a piece in the Bham Mail saying he's not fit for 90 minutes. Looks like he could start but won't last the full match

Edited by Fab

There's a piece in the Bham Mail saying he's not fit for 90 minutes. Looks like he could start but won't last the full match

Would prefer it that way round personally. Get an hour or so out of him, and once he's put us two up we can bring on one of the speedsters to stretch the game on the break. 

:D

The measure of optimism for this season might be summed up in how well Gestede adapts against Man Utd, it was a given he could do it against Bournemouth who have defenders who are still making the step up from championship to premier league, but how he copes against seasoned internationals will give us a good indication of how well we can take the game to opponents this season. Be nice to attack sides rather than sitting back and waiting for the counter attack that has become the Villa way until Tim arrived.

The measure of optimism for this season might be summed up in how well Gestede adapts against Man Utd, it was a given he could do it against Bournemouth who have defenders who are still making the step up from championship to premier league, but how he copes against seasoned internationals will give us a good indication of how well we can take the game to opponents this season. Be nice to attack sides rather than sitting back and waiting for the counter attack that has become the Villa way until Tim arrived.

Damn I wish I'd thought harder about my name now...

Think you have a good point though, Bournemouth was hardly a new test for Rudy, United will be. And on a wet Friday night in Brum no less.

Don't be too surprised (or disappointed) though if the game plan still involves staying tight and soaking up what they have to throw at us, then trying to hit them on the counter with a pacey and direct approach, playing to the strengths we have in the side. That's pretty standard for lower team against higher team.

• Like 1

Damn I wish I'd thought harder about my name now...

Think you have a good point though, Bournemouth was hardly a new test for Rudy, United will be. And on a wet Friday night in Brum no less.

Don't be too surprised (or disappointed) though if the game plan still involves staying tight and soaking up what they have to throw at us, then trying to hit them on the counter with a pacey and direct approach, playing to the strengths we have in the side. That's pretty standard for lower team against higher team.

0121f1509f0d4bf73c6a5ef674af6180.jpg
  • Like 3

Â