Rudy Gestede

midian

Impact sub for me every day of the week. Just hope he proves me wrong. I would have liked to have seen Kozak given a game tonight.

He's a bit useless unless we are crossing to him isn't he? Seems like he can't do anything aside from head the ball. 

Did you see the Bournemouth game? HE made some very good passes and held up the ball really well

Terrible hair style......sorry but we are all thinking it.

Terrible hair style......sorry but we are all thinking it.

What's with his match fitness

I've never seen a player needing a can of redbull before coming on before

I know caffeine is a performance enhancer but surely there are better sources an athlete can take

He's a bit useless unless we are crossing to him isn't he? Seems like he can't do anything aside from head the ball. 

Did you see the Bournemouth game? HE made some very good passes and held up the ball really well

I did watch the match, but I don't remember anything other than just short passes from him, but I'll take your word from it. I don't want to write Rudy off immediately, but today showed how one dimensional he really was. He was extremely slow and so easily marked out of the match. I thought Gestede would cause Smalling and Blind problems, but they seemed much more relaxed after he came on. I am surprised Amavi and Bacuna weren't advised to whip in early crosses. It seemed like we were still trying to dribble the ball into the box which Gestede is not suited for at all. 

He'll be fine against bottom half teams as obviously that level is closer to the championship.

Not sure he has the all round game to trouble the better teams if the crosses and corner kicks are below par but then I'd say the same for Kozak.

Just shows you want a brilliant forward Benteke was and will be to replace as pretty much all the teams in the league feared him when he was on form for us.

I know caffeine is a performance enhancer but surely there are better sources an athlete can take

Haha, I noticed that. I'm surprised he didn't have a couple of Proplus as well. It made him look like a Sunday League player

I know absolutely nothing about Gestede aside from what I have seen in these past two matches, but if this is all Gestede can do, we might be in trouble with our strikers. I thought Gestede would play more like Benteke, but that just doesn't seem to be the case at all. He looks like Peter Crouch when the ball is at his feet. Really seems to be only a one trick pony, and if Sherwood wants his wingers to act like inside forwards, then Gestede will be misused. I hope Grealish, Gil, Bacuna, and Amavi can be used to cross the ball into him much more because against United, we didn't even attempt to cross the ball aside from one occasion which was Gabby. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though. 

I've seen fast bowlers in cricket and tennis players drinking red bull. I think it's fairly common in most sports.

I know absolutely nothing about Gestede aside from what I have seen in these past two matches, but if this is all Gestede can do, we might be in trouble with our strikers. I thought Gestede would play more like Benteke, but that just doesn't seem to be the case at all. He looks like Peter Crouch when the ball is at his feet. Really seems to be only a one trick pony, and if Sherwood wants his wingers to act like inside forwards, then Gestede will be misused. I hope Grealish, Gil, Bacuna, and Amavi can be used to cross the ball into him much more because against United, we didn't even attempt to cross the ball aside from one occasion which was Gabby. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though. 

Peter Crouch is brilliant with the ball at his feet though

• Like 3

Not very impressive today.

Very few had an impressive game yesterday, why? Because Man Utd parked the bus for large portions of the game. There were several occasions yesterday when Man Utd had 7+ players behind the ball defending and we currently don't have the communication or the creativity to break through a situation like that, we will eventually as the team gels but what were we meant to do when Man Utd stack up in defense like they did? Rudy will get his chance to shine as will many of our new recruits but it takes time to gel a side and make it work as planned.

Am I really seeing this guy being written off after playing around 60 minutes for us in total, and grabbing a winner in that time? It's obvious he isn't as good as Benteke and we would have had to shell out the best part of £30-40 million if we were looking for that sort of immediate impact. Sherwood is building a squad that doesn't revolve around having one or two star players and if Gestede can chip in with 10 or so goals this season and grab a few more winners in the process he will have done a cracking job IMO. I'm not going to look too much into the fact he didn't score against Manchester United in the 30 minutes he had on the pitch.

Â