Rudy Gestede

midian

Betfair had him at 22/1 to be first goalscorer when he came on!? Did they think he was a **** right back or something! :D

(I had a tenner on it)

I was in the middle of cooking dinner when he came, thought "Oh i'll stick a bet on that as soon as I am done", sat down at the computer and he scored just as the site was loading. Never felt such a mixture of happiness and rage!

• Like 1

Betfair had him at 22/1 to be first goalscorer when he came on!? Did they think he was a **** right back or something! :D

(I had a tenner on it)

I was in the middle of cooking dinner when he came, thought "Oh i'll stick a bet on that as soon as I am done", sat down at the computer and he scored just as the site was loading. Never felt such a mixture of happiness and rage!

Cooking dinner during the game? What is wrong with you (wo)man!!

(I had a tenner on it)

I was in the middle of cooking dinner when he came

Oh my.

• Like 4

(I had a tenner on it)

Cooking dinner during the game? What is wrong with you (wo)man!!

I was starving, and got my timing all wrong as was supposed to do it during half time.

(I had a tenner on it)

Oh my.

came on... the pitch. He came onto the pitch, ok? :)

• Like 2

He never attacked corners or free kicks though, most set pieces he spent lingering on the edge of the box. I can only think of 3 goals he scored from corners

That's because the set-piece service during his time with us was piss-poor. He would've buried the corner yesterday just as Gestede did.

Hmmmmm....did you see Christian gesturing today, wanting it on a plate.....I'm not so sure, he would have attacked the ball in the same way Gestede did.....some times maybe, and other times maybe not.

I'm not having a pop at Christian or trying to compare them....He done great for us, but everything went through him, I'm not so sure Liverpool will give him as much individual service/attention as we did....It will be interesting to see in the fullness of time.

I don't wish him any ill feeling ....He has helped us build a team, but I equally think he got unprecedented support from our fans even when there was some barren spells....I hope his new fans are as considerate as us, should that happen again.

Edited by TRO

(I had a tenner on it)

Oh my.

He must have been stood pretty close!

(I had a tenner on it)

Oh my.

Bet the Bournemouth groundsmen weren't too happy with that.

(I had a tenner on it)

Oh my.

its good for the garden....well its good for bush. :)

(I had a tenner on it)

Oh my.

That's why the defender slipped before the goal.

• Like 1

Tickled me when Eddie Howe described Rudy's Goal Yesterday as " a textbook header from the lower leagues".....sounds more like textbook "sour grapes"

So fitting then for a shit little club who've spent their whole history in the lower leagues.

I don't know what it is about Howe, but his face and manner irritates me.

• Like 1

Tickled me when Eddie Howe described Rudy's Goal Yesterday as " a textbook header from the lower leagues".....sounds more like textbook "sour grapes"

Which makes one wonder why they didn't defend it better considering thats where they came from

I think that's the point he was trying to make. Howe doesn't strike me as that much of a prick!

So fitting then for a shit little club who've spent their whole history in the lower leagues.

I don't know what it is about Howe, but his face and manner irritates me.

Same here! Watching his interview after the game yesterday really annoyed me! It wasn't so much what he said, It was his face! Looks like a ken doll!

The comparison to Benteke and whether he would have attacked the corner like that is a difficult one.

In the whole time Benteke was with us, I can't remember Westwood ever driving a corner in like that - thats exactly the kind of delivery we need from corners. However, I'm sure I read something while back that said the reason all of our corners used to be floated in was because this was what Benteke wanted - maybe someone can confirm this?

Either way, I don't think there's any doubt that Gestede has aerial ability and physical prowess to replace Benteke. The test will be whether he can show himself to be as mobile as Benteke and link up play in the same way by holding up the ball - the signs were good on Saturday!

As someone else said, he's probably got more of the John Carew about his style than Benteke, which is fine by me!

Someone should rewrite the entire song Ruby with lyrics to fit Gestede.

Surely a message to you Rudy is perfect for him.

Something along the lines of...

He's big, he's bad and he's ours (na na na)

He's gonna bring a bright future (na na na)

Time to cross the ball in (na na na)

Creating problems in the box (na na na)

Rudy, a message to you

Rudy, a message to you

(Needs some work but reckon this would sound awesome)

Â