Rudy Gestede

midian

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Surely if they are looking to buy Gestede they are looking to partner him with Rhodes again like at Blackburn? Given it  was the most prolific period in both players careers it would make more sense than swapping one for the other. 

I'd be OK with them loaning us Negredo if that is their plan :)

• Like 1

Bruce confirmed tonight that we are in talks with Boro about Gestede.

There's been an interest from Middlesbrough, that's all it is at the moment," he said. "I do believe the two clubs are speaking, so we'll see what happens in thenext 24-48 hours."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10711433/steve-bruce-pleased-with-point-after-aston-villa-draw-late-with-leeds

its going to be Peter Crouch all over again isn't it , we think we are getting rid of a donkey and he gets sold on to Liverpool in a few seasons time :)

if we sell him and get an upgrade into the bargain then whats not to like about the deal ? 

He was instrumental in winning that penalty tonight.....He offers something different in terms of physical presence that the others don't.

I understand why SB is going to sell him, because he has 6 strikers, but 2 are Gabby & Kozak hardly miss them.

He wants funds for other dep'ts

I would sooner lose other strikers like the above

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would sooner lose other strikers like the above

Doubt very much whether the offers for those two are flooding in. 

I would be sorry to see Gestede go but the problem for Bruce is that he would need to spend most of his budget in January buying players who could play with him effectively. We would need a couple of really good wingers and someone who could play off him to capitalise on his headed knock downs. At present I don't see anyone like that in the squad. Another example of the directionless  and almost random player purchasing we have done over the past couple of years.

4 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I don't know why, but I'd be sad to lose Gestede. Always seems to try, and we can't complain when he doesn't skin his marker, because we knew exactly what we were getting with him. As with others, would keep him for the option he provides. I suspect he wants to move for more time or opportunities.

I don't know why either mate.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Baffling statement to me that. Who for? The opposition?

Given that he caused the equaliser and put Kodjia through for what should've been the winner - I'm assuming he means us.

He's scored a goal every 185 minutes for us this season, which is actually a pretty good return when msot of those minutes have been a spread thin over games. 

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Surely if they are looking to buy Gestede they are looking to partner him with Rhodes again like at Blackburn? Given it  was the most prolific period in both players careers it would make more sense than swapping one for the other. 

Weren't there well placed rumours that karanka never wanted Rhodes and he was bought by Steve Gibson? Given his lack of production at Boro I'd be surprised if they wanted to keep him. A swap or some form of loan buy would suit both teams. 

Â