Rudy Gestede

midian

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

How the hell did he get 20 goals for Blackburn? Were they just spamming crosses all game, every game? 

He should never play more than 15 minute cameos. Ever. It's one thing being slow, a lot of strikers are...but you need to hustle and get into good positions. He just stands in the same spot hoping somebody will send a homing missile of a cross at his head.

Yes, they did.  They played Marshall and Conway (maybe someone else?) as wingers who were tasked with getting the ball in the box quickly.  Gestede caused havoc, Rhodes cleared up any mess - and, thus, you had a decent striking duo.

Rocket science, it ain't.

This guy's talents are a complete myth. We have to apparently play a crossing style just to make him effective, but even when we cross the ball to him, he still doesn't score. He doesn't move so any defender has an easy time defending him. 

He has 5 goals for us. Bacuna from right back scored 5 goals for us in a season. Complete waste. Sell him and give Hepburn-Murphy a chance. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This guy's talents are a complete myth. We have to apparently play a crossing style just to make him effective, but even when we cross the ball to him, he still doesn't score. He doesn't move so any defender has an easy time defending him. 

He has 5 goals for us. Bacuna from right back scored 5 goals for us in a season. Complete waste. Sell him and give Hepburn-Murphy a chance. 

We never cross the ball. The myth is this post. 

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Ayew has maybe 7 goals for us and people are saying he worth £20 million

And taking taking it form another thread where someone said his header win ratio is lower than 50% and it was questioned...he's obviously not bad in the air but he's possibly the worst player I've ever seen for timing jumps, constantly under jumps and misjudged the ball, I won't even do sore him to Carew I'll comaore him to Angel, not a big bloke, cracking leap on him, he could time his jump to meet the ball properly, gestede IMO really suffers from that, his heading is good, his jumping is shit 

• Like 1

He is a good option to bring on as an impact sub as he will offer something that our other strikers currently don't offer, an aerial threat which some of the lower championship teams will be unable to defend against. 

On 8/10/2016 at 22:04, Pembers said:

Did he really score 20 goals in the Championship for Blackburn? Are we sure they didn't just make that up?

Oops! I'll be more than happy if he keeps this up and makes me eat my words!

• Like 1

From the sound of it he was much more mobile today?

Hopefully Di Matteo has made it clear that this is what he needs to do if he is to help the team.

Nice that it instantly payed off, will be a massive confidence boost

Â