Rudy Gestede

midian

On 8/7/2016 at 21:36, Delphinho123 said:

'We don't play to his strengths'.

What a pathetic argument. He's absolutely useless, his touch is shocking, he's slow and he doesn't win headers anyway. How do we have to play just to accommodate this useless lump? Does he need Messi and Ronaldo behind him before we see the sparkling form he produced in that one season at Blackburn Rovers. 

He's crap. Even as a plan B.

I agree with you that his touch is poor and he's slow but i think calling 'we don't play to his strengths' pathetic is a bit harsh. Correct me if i'm wrong but last season we created very little chances, I was at most home games and I can't think of many good crosses we put into the box. It's the same this season. We seem to put him into games then continue to play short passing stuff where he is a waste of time. So i can understand your frustration with him and for the most part i'm with you but we are, at least imo, yet to see him play in a villa side thats able to create chances for him and play a game around him. In my opinion if we go out and get some good creative wingers who will create chances for him he will be a useful player but if we have no intention on doing that, which we don't seem to then sell him as he's wasted with us. 

Ridiculous to knock him based on that. We did nothing to play to his strengths, absolutely nothing. I don't think Green beat his man and crossed it once.

everyone knows what Gestede is good at. If we don't let him be good at that, what's the point?

just not his fault at all. 

Thanks to global warning, once again most glaziers moved more tonight than he did.

What was it Di Matteo expected to happen when he put him and Hutton on? Because this is exactly what always happens, f' all.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you provide no crosses, he doesn't work. 

For the billionth time this has been said. 

And for the billionth time in reply...you aren't going to cross to a bloke stood still in between 2 defenders...

if he doesn't show for the ball you aren't going to pass it to him

2 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Did he really score 20 goals in the Championship for Blackburn? Are we sure they didn't just make that up?

If you watch back on YT i'm sure most of them were actually tap ins/right place right time. Can't believe we paid what we did for him. :huh:

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And for the billionth time in reply...you aren't going to cross to a bloke stood still in between 2 defenders...

if he doesn't show for the ball you aren't going to pass it to him

That's just not true though. I remember one attempted cross to him where he moved off the defenders then into the box at the penalty spot - the cross was wank and deflected into the keepers' hands. 

If you look at how he played at Blackburn the season before and then compare it with what we've given him, it's no wonder he doesn't score. 

You don't buy a target man, fail to deliver any kind of service to him from wide and still expect goals. To criticise him is ridiculous.

He's not a great player, but he's got no chance if we don't bother using his one, very good attribute. 

hes **** worse than heskey

hes a massive part of why we look so shit, he's a waste of a shirt 

if you want us to cross 20 times a game to him because we have a striker who is good at one and only one thing (and that IMO is questionable, his header win rate is nothing special) then it's pointless arguing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

If Gestede and Richards keep playing I'll keep staying away. He's like an elderly arthritic Ent out there. Useless clearing. 

Might be on to something...

a50ba9ceee8618e54674c58fd0398e6f.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's just not true though. I remember one attempted cross to him where he moved off the defenders then into the box at the penalty spot - the cross was wank and deflected into the keepers' hands. 

If you look at how he played at Blackburn the season before and then compare it with what we've given him, it's no wonder he doesn't score. 

You don't buy a target man, fail to deliver any kind of service to him from wide and still expect goals. To criticise him is ridiculous.

He's not a great player, but he's got no chance if we don't bother using his one, very good attribute. 

Or...

Maybe he should realise it ain't working and perhaps use his brain and adapt and go TO the ball and try a different tactic such as shooting like a striker does instead of waiting for a cross that (usually) may never come. Yes it's not his fault we don't tell 10 other players to play to a terrible forwards only redeeming feature but it is his fault that he doesn't try to do something else. At least then he could say he tried instead of doing his best impression of a petrified redwood all game.

• Like 1

Who keeps calling him a donkey? well youre spot on whoever you are. I want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon so I dont have to ever watch him stroll aimlessly around again. Not fit to wear the shirt im afraid and its not like we havent tried. Put more crosses in? do us all a favour and stop deluding yourselves. Just get rid. Why are we employing a footballer who is "good at one thing"? I thought we were a professional club? I have developed a dislike for him greater than Ian Ormandroyd. I think it's starting to show isn't it?

• Like 2

Â