Rudy Gestede

midian

I just don't see how it's possible for a team with Gestede in it to play better than the opposition.  I said before I have nothing against him, he seems a nice bloke, but he is so detrimental to a team's play that I can't see us ever out scoring the opposition, even if by some miracle he does put one in the back of the net.  For each successful attempt to put the ball on a plate for him we will probably have 10 attacks that break down because of him, which the opposition will then take control from.

• Like 4

He is a big guy who plays like a big girl. He has size but plays without it. Never attacks the ball in the box, easily out-muscled, completely devoid of confidence ..... I don't even get mildly excited anymore when he comes on.

He would be useful if we were to play to his strengths, getting balls into the box, he scored quite a few for Blackburn with his feet as the ball was bouncing around.

But if we're going to use him as a target man, he'll be useless... as has been demonstrated for 18 months.

• Like 1

How the hell did he get 20 goals for Blackburn? Were they just spamming crosses all game, every game? 

He should never play more than 15 minute cameos. Ever. It's one thing being slow, a lot of strikers are...but you need to hustle and get into good positions. He just stands in the same spot hoping somebody will send a homing missile of a cross at his head.

• Like 1

I 100 % agree he is awful, and must go.

BUT.........he has one asset. He can score goals with his head. But we don't play a winger, so he can't.

Had a big discussion with someone after the Boro' game about this.  RDM should not play him in any circumstances.  But if he does, then play no winger, the ensuing failures, already seen three times, are entirely the fault of RDM.

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How the hell did he get 20 goals for Blackburn? Were they just spamming crosses all game, every game? 

He should never play more than 15 minute cameos. Ever. It's one thing being slow, a lot of strikers are...but you need to hustle and get into good positions. He just stands in the same spot hoping somebody will send a homing missile of a cross at his head.

Yup.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Yep it's blatantly obvious that he is only good for coming on as an impact sub near the end of games, I can remember a few occasions last season when he came on late and looked dangerous but I don't remember him ever playing a full game for us and looking anything but slow and shit.  Last night he was on for 45 minutes and was still outside the box a few times when our wingers were in crossing positions,  really hope we sign a striker and let Gestede fight for a place on the bench or just get rid. 

Â