Rudy Gestede

midian

always on his heels, there are high balls in the box and he doesn't even make an effort to reach them, and he doesn't bully defenders as much as he could - he's 6ft4 but plays like hes 5ft4.

• Like 1

He's made a fantastic journey to make it here all the way from Easter Island, but enough is enough.

I just can't stand seeing him on his heels static while the game goes by around him.

What did he do to require a payment from us this week? Fairly sure if I turned up to work and just sat on the sofa all day but made a cup of tea that one time id be out the door.

He's terrible. Get rid. Anti footballer.

The period in the game where we looked most dangerous was when we were getting balls into the box. That's what Gestede brings. 

If you don't utilise this, he's just not that effective at all. 

Amavi back in the team should bring out the best in him (not sure that his best is good enough, however). Our whole style of play needs to be catered to his needs or he is completely ineffectual as he offers very little else other than aerial prowess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The period in the game where we looked most dangerous was when we were getting balls into the box. That's what Gestede brings. 

I think it is just the anticipation we have when a cross goes into the box and you know we have some totem pole of a striker somewhere in there, you think there is a chance of us scoring. He didn't get on the end of very much though.

I'm not sure I can really see him being integrated into the team we are hoping to build, because it won't be built around him.

Just now, poitier said:

I think it is just the anticipation we have when a cross goes into the box and you know we have some totem pole of a striker somewhere in there, you think there is a chance of us scoring. He didn't get on the end of very much though.

I'm not sure I can really see him being integrated into the team we are hoping to build, because it won't be built around him.

No, he didn't get on the end of much at all but he basically got double or triple marked at times. When crosses were coming in, Sheff Wed were focused on Gestede that other players were often in acres of space. 

I thought he did pretty well pressing the defence as well, considering he is criticised for not doing much.

• Like 1

Â