Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

On 11/2/2016 at 14:22, AvfcRigo82 said:

The mighty PSG and Zlatan Ibrahimovich..    Though no european trophys for them and he is currently being found out at Man Utd  (as over rated utter shite!)

Lol.......

Veretout and Sanchez (very good at centre-half recently) have both been having decent seasons. I reckon it's just a matter of how much we can flog them for now though.

Amazing how they were good players before.. they leave and suddenly become good again. This club is in a massive massive hole. If Bruce cant reignite us.. i dont know who else can. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wow. Post was "Edited 30 mins ago". 

Would love to know what it said before you edited it! ;)

It was a picture of the great man but it wouldn't let me paste it in. I'm guessing it was because he was such a shambles his image is banned from this site.

43 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why?

I just see him as someone who would be able to do it. He comes across as intelligent and relentless, a perfectionist, someone who thinks outside the box and understands the psychology of the game. He would have the player's respect and they would play for him - a key for any manager. 

17 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I just see him as someone who would be able to do it. He comes across as intelligent and relentless, a perfectionist, someone who thinks outside the box and understands the psychology of the game. He would have the player's respect and they would play for him - a key for any manager. 

What the actual funk would Bielsa be able to do with Gardener and Westwood?

To play his way you have to be ultra athletic.  You have to press as high and hard as you can, for as long as you can.  The two mentioned couldn't do this, they'd tire after 60 mins.

You also need to be able to run quickly with the ball, they can't do that either.

So your ideal situation is to play a way that would not suit any of the players which we have, so we'd get tired after an hour or so, which would expose our frailties EVEN more?  Great plan man. I actually can't think of one player apart from maybe Gabby 5 years ago who would fit that system.  Delph would probably be able to do it... but y'know..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Marcelo Bielsa can. 

How can you make that statement definitively....... You can't is only your opinion which is fine but you should post it as such. For example I think you're wrong which is my opinion opposed to you are wrong.......

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

What the actual funk would Bielsa be able to do with Gardener and Westwood?

To play his way you have to be ultra athletic.  You have to press as high and hard as you can, for as long as you can.  The two mentioned couldn't do this, they'd tire after 60 mins.

You also need to be able to run quickly with the ball, they can't do that either.

So your ideal situation is to play a way that would not suit any of the players which we have, so we'd get tired after an hour or so, which would expose our frailties EVEN more?  Great plan man. I actually can't think of one player apart from maybe Gabby 5 years ago who would fit that system.  Delph would probably be able to do it... but y'know..

I don't know what Bielsa would do with Westwood or Gardner. Maybe he would rate them and use them, maybe he wouldn't. I do know if he was our manager and he was happy with the squad (which I think is a lot better than most people on this site seem to think), he would get infinitely more out of them than Steve Bruce or any other manager we've had since Martin O'Neil.

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I don't know what Bielsa would do with Westwood or Gardner. Maybe he would rate them and use them, maybe he wouldn't. I do know if he was our manager and he was happy with the squad (which I think is a lot better than most people on this site seem to think), he would get infinitely more out of them than Steve Bruce or any other manager we've had since Martin O'Neil.

How do you know?

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How can you make that statement definitively....... You can't is only your opinion which is fine but you should post it as such. For example I think you're wrong which is my opinion opposed to you are wrong.......

I have enough confidence in the opinion to say it definitively. Nothing is ever 100% but I feel it so strongly that I have to put it that way.

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

I have enough confidence in the opinion to say it definitively. Nothing is ever 100% but I feel it so strongly that I have to put it that way.

Do you feel the force strongly too cos I think Chewbacca would make a great CB

Â