Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Amazing how they were good players before.. they leave and suddenly become good again. This club is in a massive massive hole. If Bruce cant reignite us.. i dont know who else can. 

I think our problem was that we ended up selling/losing our whole spine really quickly and then bought in a mass of new players to the english league. So we had a really inexperianced team with no real leaders or goalscorers. We had players playing out of position and in my eyes no real sense of tactics. This ended up in players with such low confidence that no one performed.

I wouldn't go as far as saying we bought good players and they have moved on and have become good again, I think they were ok players in our price range and have gone back to being that. Some have pushed on and become better but many have become worse.

As for Veretout, I think he was ok before we bought him and showed a tiny glimse that he could be good for us but he went missing in so many games. He also looked uninterested very quickly, he sulked a lot. He made it very clear he had no interest in fighting for us or wanting to be here. I think he could be good enough to get in our side again now but if his atitude is still the same then I don't think I want him.  

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Is that by any chance because he came from Ac Milan and was only kept out of that side by arguably the best back 4 ever assembled + serious knee injuries?

Hmm, you're quite the prophet.. :rolleyes:

Actually it was just from viewing his photo.

10 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I have enough confidence in the opinion to say it definitively. Nothing is ever 100% but I feel it so strongly that I have to put it that way.

tv dancing parks and recreation drunk drinking

Most definitively.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KHV said:

Veretout is utter wank. Plays one nice pass and stands still for the rest of the game watching everything pass him by.

**** him

Yep - was looking for a move back to france almost has soon as he arrived IMO.

Quite a few decent players looked hopeless last season, I think it had a lot to do with the timing of all the new additions and the management turnover. 

Football is about opinions, I think Veretout has far more to his game than he showed or was allowed to show, he's better than the midfielders we have in the squad ATM and  he's only  23 years old. 

Edited by tinker

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Laursen was a great centre back and I knew he had that potential the day we signed him.

"that potential"

Really? Wow, don't know what could have possibly given that away, maybe it was the x amount of international caps or the fact he was signing from Milan....who knows?!

Please enlighten us on the next unfound gem you can recommend, I've heard that Luis Suarez guy has some serious potential......maybe we should launch a bid for him!?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I get so confused between KSV and KHV - usernames are so similar but their posts couldn't be further apart. Maybe 'H' stands for hate? 

I always had that problem. Solved it by adding one to ignore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smg said:

So do I but he majority on here think he is sh*t so he must be. 

I think the majority are basing their opinion on how he has performed (or hasn't) for us.

He's obviously not a bad player, but was awful for us. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I get so confused between KSV and KHV - usernames are so similar but their posts couldn't be further apart. Maybe 'H' stands for hate? 

Haha I was thinking the exact same the other day. 

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Actually it was just from viewing his photo.

I apologise if I'm missing a joke, or my sarcasm detector is off today, but you're post's do sometimes take some working out. 

Are you seriously saying that you knew Laursen would be a good player purely from his photo?

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

What the actual funk would Bielsa be able to do with Gardener and Westwood?

To play his way you have to be ultra athletic.  You have to press as high and hard as you can, for as long as you can.  The two mentioned couldn't do this, they'd tire after 60 mins.

Jedinak and Kozak would easily thrive in his style of play

• Like 3

Â