Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I'd have him back in a heartbeat compared to the options we have atm, but I also don't wan't a player who doesn't wan't to be here...

Things may have changed since the summer, or they may not have, we don't know. Don't blame him one bit for wanting to leave in the summer.

Personally I doubt he'll be back as I think Bruce has his own targets, but a motivated, settled and happy Veretout would be a good option to have. 

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

He was garbage last season and he featured enough times to make that assessment.

Had no more impact than any of our other midfielders.

EDIT: My point already made by @PieFacE

Edited by HanoiVillan

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It also takes some players time to adapt to a new league, new life, new language etc. He was also playing a team with no confidence, no plan, no tactics and no decent manager.  Also, we're not in the Premier League, I don't believe for a second that the Championship is better, faster and more physical than the French 1st division. The Championship is an awful standard of football, there's no reason why a player like Veretout could be a key midfielder for us in this league, gaining confidence with this squad. 

This. Ligue 1 is better quality of football than the Championship. 

17 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The Championship is faster and more physical that League 1.

Regardless, he didn't want to be here and I doubt very much if that has changed. 

Really? I disagree. 

Genuinely curious, do you think the Championship is faster and more physical than Serie A too? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Really? I disagree. 

Genuinely curious, do you think the Championship is faster and more physical than Serie A too? 

Possibly. Why not? I'm talking about a difference in style, not overall quality. The two points aren't one and the same. Being fast and strong doesn't automatically make a player good, except on FIFA, but it does mean that some players find it hard to adjust.  

Ligue 1 clips it overall for quality of course, especially at the very top end where PSG are ridiculously overpowered, though I'd expect a top end Championship side to give a say 5th place Ligue 1 side a game and for it to be an even affair for example and yes, I think the Championship is the more physical league. I didn't think that was such a controversial opinion when I made it.   

I do think people have been a bit blindsided by PSG though. Ligue 1 is still naff when compared to the top leagues in Europe, it's only marginally better than Eredivisie.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Whilst many of our players split the opinion of our fabase, i think there are none more so than this lad. Some, including myself think there is a very very good player in there somewhere, and others consider him to be rubbish. Its a funny old game is football.

Edited by av1

Claims he was stopped playing at 29 games as a 30th would've triggered more payments to Nantes...

I can see it being true...he was still making the bench and suddenly just disappeared from the 18 and we know it's happened before with Curtis Davies and possibly Adama...

With Hollis counting the pennies at that time it's pretty credible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

surely that would have been league games in the clause. He didnt play for last 3 months under Black so doubt he got near 29 league games

25 league games, 4 cup games.

Â