Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes.. so why bring Veretout back.

Atleast Sanchez looked more 'able' of the two but he did not fill me with that much confidence either.

Sanchez (or a replacement) Jedinak, Gardner & Tish for me.

Well I guess that's down to what you saw in him as a player. I saw way more to Veretout's game than I did Sanchez. But then, that's just down to how we watch football, I look at Zlatan and see an amazing footballer, you see an overrated clearing in the woods. So... you know... football innit.

Edited by PieFacE

17 minutes ago, striker said:

Is there anything at all in Vertout coming back or is this just banter and discussion?

Absolute 100% pure discussion. He'd probably go on a hunger striker not to come back tbf.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Well I guess that's down to what you saw in him as a player. I saw way more to Veretout's game than I did Sanchez. But then, that's just down to how we watch football, I look at Zlatan and see an amazing footballer, you see an overrated clearing in the woods. So... you know... football innit.

Where would we be without it chap!   :cheers:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't get me wrong, he did excite me at the time when he arrived along with the rest of the crop... blinded by false hope you can agree but what I did see was average performances from him and now one for the Mathieu Berson memoirs IMO.

I agree, but think of the introduction he got to life in England. A Cockney wideboy chancer who apparently barely spoke to him and managed to oversee 1 win in 11 games.

Not all Sherwood's fault and of course Veretout takes some blame but it wasn't exactly ideal conditions for your first move away from home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I agree, but think of the introduction he got to life in England. A Cockney wideboy chancer who apparently barely spoke to him and managed to oversee 1 win in 11 games.

Not all Sherwood's fault and of course Veretout takes some blame but it wasn't exactly ideal conditions for your first move away from home.

True, but he soon had a fellow Frenchman at the helm who did play him during his tenure but again for me still failed to convince.

Whether it be the quality of leagues or styles of play whatever, on this occasion I just feel that the player himself and Aston Villa are just not meant and prob best we try and get a couple of quid for him in Jan.

Thanks for the service you did try and help with in the relegation fight and best of luck.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, but he soon had a fellow Frenchman at the helm who did play him during his tenure but again for me still failed to convince.

Whether it be the quality of leagues or styles of play whatever, on this occasion I just feel that the player himself and Aston Villa are just not meant and prob best we try and get a couple of quid for him in Jan.

Thanks for the service you did try and help with in the relegation fight and best of luck.

If he isn't 100% committed then yes, best to get rid.

Won't be in January though unless its only a 6 month loan deal?

1 hour ago, striker said:

Is there anything at all in Vertout coming back or is this just banter and discussion?

Interesting you ask. I have just came across this. Here

Jordan Veretout yesterday claimed that Aston Villa made a decision to keep him on the sidelines so they didn't have to pay a bonus to his former club FC Nantes.

The French midfielder, is currently on loan at Saint-Etienne, where he spoke out on last season at Villa and about the clauses in his £8m deal.

One of those being an additional payment should he make 30 appearances of more.

Veretout said: "There’s only one midfielder on the bench, me, a midfielder on the pitch gets injured, and they bring on a forward, you can only question the decision.”

And this Here by Dr. Xia in response.

Tony Xia responds angrily on Twitter to Jordan Veretout's claims about Aston Villa

Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has taken to Twitter to respond angrily to Jordan Veretout's claims about the club and his absence from games last season.

Midfielder Veretout joined Villa from Nantes in his native France during the summer transfer window of 2015, but failed to really live up to his billing.

On Tuesday, Veretout told France Football, as quoted by Sport Witness, that he felt Villa didn't play him towards the end of last season to avoid paying a bonus to Nantes.

"They told me they didn’t do it on purpose, but when you are a sub, there's only one midfielder on the bench - me - and a midfielder on the pitch gets injured and they bring on a forward, you can only question the decision,” said Veretout.

Given that Veretout played 29 games for Villa, many assume that Villa would have been forced to pay Nantes a set fee agreed in the initial deal – and to avoid paying that, Villa left him out of their side and prevented him from making it to appearance number 30.

Veretout is now back in France having been sent out on loan at Saint-Etienne for the duration of the season, and few expect him to ever return to Villa Park

This afternoon, Villa owner Tony Xia took to Twitter to offer his response to Veretout's claims – and it's far to say he isn't too happy about the Frenchman's comments.

Xia stated that, whilst Veretout's deal was negotiated under a different regime, he doesn't think that any previous manager would care about a potential bonus being paid out by the club.

Xia added that Veretout's claims are 'nonsense', adding weight to the belief that the 23-year-old won't be returning to Villa Park at the end of the season.

Looks like we won't be seeing him back after all then...     :wave:

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting you ask. I have just came across this. Here

And this Here by Dr. Xia in response.

Looks like we won't be seeing him back after all then...     :wave:

Clean slate under the new manager for all players. The Dr was more pissed off with Gabby then Veretout, and he's still managed to make his way back in. 

43 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Clean slate under the new manager for all players. The Dr was more pissed off with Gabby then Veretout, and he's still managed to make his way back in. 

True, but I feel on this occasion the bad taste that has been left in the players' mouth on this that he won't be wanting to return at the end of the season.

Ideally we should sell him because some arsehole signed him on a 5 year contract that expires in 2020!

• 2 months later...

He isn't coming back for like the 50th time. We'd likely have to pay a fee to cancel his loan, he doesn't want to play in the english 2nd division, and seems to be doing well in France again. Doubt he'd be happy to uproot his life to come back to the club that almost ruined his career. 

54 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Really could do with him IMO. Better than the dross we have at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He isn't coming back for like the 50th time. We'd likely have to pay a fee to cancel his loan, he doesn't want to play in the english 2nd division, and seems to be doing well in France again. Doubt he'd be happy to uproot his life to come back to the club that almost ruined his career. 

He would definitely improve the midfield we have now, which isn't saying a lot, but have to agree that he isn't coming back to play in the championship.

I would prefer us to get Hourihane and Lansbury in over veretout coming back here anyway, they have the experience of the championship, can score goals and will improve the balance of the squad. Veretout only ever looked average in a Villa shirt, with the exception of a couple of decent outings.

• 2 weeks later...
Â