Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

According to the media... :rolleyes:

Not really. 

Gana, Okore, Bacuna and now Veretout. Have I missed any more? it hasn't been the entire squad at all, but a select few. I notice none have those mentioned as wanting away have come out and committed themselves to the fight back.

If those reports are true then yes, they can get ****. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

that's why I roll my eyes when I read those articles during the season.. a few from Lescott and Bacuna that they are hurting just as much as the fans. Yeah sure. Till you ask for a transfer. I prefer they just shut up and try harder

They may be hurting and they may be sad at the time. The difference is they can go out and buy a McLaren 570s with three weeks pay, some of them in only two weeks. That kind of shit cheers you up pretty damn fast I am sure. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really. 

Gana, Okore, Bacuna and now Veretout. Have I missed any more? it hasn't been the entire squad at all, but a select few. I notice none have those mentioned as wanting away have come out and committed themselves to the fight back.

If those reports are true then yes, they can get ****. 

Amavi made noises that suggested he might stick around, but injury or not he seems to be one of the if not the most saleable asset so heavily linked to other clubs.

I think Ayew's and Gil's agents have 'confirmed' their clients won't play in the Championship, as if it's up to them!!!

I am surprised Lescott and Richards agents haven't claimed they'll be playing for Bayern Munich next season to be honest.

the younger players will never come out and say they want to stay to fight for promotion, 99% of footballers (obviously this isnt an exact figure) in the past 15 years only want to play the game for money and fame, not for the art or finesse of the game, modern day journey men that will go anywhere for the money, even if theyre not getting a game (zog as example)

im not surprised he wants out, let all the journey men go, we need to rebuild anyway

7 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

it annoys me that the players who relegated us, lose nothing, not a pay check missed, they move onto another sucker their millions intact whilst people at the club lose their jobs and the fans have to look at the mess they helped create.

If a player holds his hand up and says 'i owe this club, i want to do better, i will give a year of my career to help the club get back to the place It belongs' then fair play, but they all think they are better than this club and should be being playing in Europe on 100K a week.

Those who stay will only stay because no-one wants/can afford them. There is no loyalty or respect in football anymore.

By BY Vertout you were 70% terrible and 30% promising talent.

They came in with inflated opinions of their own  talent.....thats partly what went wrong.

The fundamentals of work rate, togetherness, working off the ball, physical endeavour.....were all missing/abandoned.

• Like 2

Well, hopefully RDM, with decent moral backing from Dr X can sort them out and keep a few of them to build around. I think that if we can get rid of the disruptive influences and start building something they will see that we may well be the best option for them, hopefully taking the championship by storm and then building an assault on the premier league, not signing for a newly promoted team and struggling for another year. 

Hopefully RDM and Dr X have been planning their next moves for a while and have a good idea of who they want to keep, who they want shot of and who they want to bring in. We should be able to start in earnest very soon. 

Fingers crossed :-)

• Like 2

Lille, Celta Vigo & Bournemouth interested in Jordan Veretout

Lille, Celta Vigo and Bournemouth have made approaches for French midfielder Jordan Veretout.

The Aston Villa man has made it clear to his entourage that he has no intention of remaining at the 2nd division English side this summer.

At the moment, neither of the two aforementioned outfits have made a concrete offers for the player and Veretout’s future is likely to drag out throughout the summer window.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/lille-celta-vigo-bournemouth-interested-in-jordan-veretout/

Wouldn't mind keeping him, but wouldn't mind a bidding war either.

Probably has a relegation release clause thou...

1 hour ago, sne said:

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/lille-celta-vigo-bournemouth-interested-in-jordan-veretout/

Wouldn't mind keeping him, but wouldn't mind a bidding war either.

Probably has a relegation release clause thou...

Imagine if he went to Bournemouth, then they got relegated and we got promoted, he would probably murder his agent and his whole family...:D

• Like 4

If we really think he is a talented player and might be useful for us in the future, should we come back up, then it would be nice if we could loan him to Bournemouth for the season. Would get to play under a decent manager who uses a fairly positive style of football and potentially be in a more stable club environment allowing him to focus on his football. Granted not sure if the player or the clubs would fancy this type of arrangement.

3 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

If we really think he is a talented player and might be useful for us in the future, should we come back up, then it would be nice if we could loan him to Bournemouth for the season. Would get to play under a decent manager who uses a fairly positive style of football and potentially be in a more stable club environment allowing him to focus on his football. Granted not sure if the player or the clubs would fancy this type of arrangement.

So to develop a player we send him out to a team one league above us?

Not convinced with this player at all....take a deal.

I like to see a midfielder affect a game.....i think he is too passive and the game passes him by....not a trait i look for in a midfielder.

• Like 1

I quite like him but he's not the finished article yet. He showed glimpses, but also looked very average at times.  He is definitely a 'keeper' for me, but like others have said, if he feels he is to good to play in the championship he has the wrong type of character for us.  I really don't want players like that.  We need players who want to be here, who buy-in to the new vision ambition and who want to be a part of it.  Who are willing to graft to get the club back to where it belongs.  If he doesn't want to do that then he can go; the same for every other player.  This could just be paper or agent talk; I assume RDM will have spoken with him.

Prior to coming to us, proved he had talent - highly thought of and great statistics back that up. Can be forgiven for not shining in a terrible season for us, and no escaping he was part of a collective who failed the club. 

But didn't get much game time, and would be a shame if he left, as suggested above, a loan would suit us with four years left on his contract, especially if Xia really is as ambitious as he suggests and the project really starts if and when we get promoted. If we can afford to keep him on our books then surely it's a good thing.

He could be forgiven for never wanting to come back and filing this gruesome episode under "mistake".

Edited by thunderball

I appreciate players who are not the finished article.....but they do not need to speak as they are or you get the impression there is no  intention to improve.

surely none of our players can be happy with themselves last season.

we maybe need to remind ourselves....all our players need a massive improvement in form and performance.

I want to see the same ambition on the pitch that Dr X is showing.

Â