Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So to develop a player we send him out to a team one league above us?

Yes. If we were to pull off the tough task of coming straight back up, we would then need players ready to play at that level. If Veretout can get playing time at the PL level on loan with Bournemouth. Whilst you may not agree, which is fair enough, players can definitely develop at the highest level with proper coaching and a stable environment. 

I think we need to get a fee for him whilst he is stall rated. If we loan him to bournemouth and he performs like he did for us last season. The word will get out that he is crap - and we will end up giving him away.

Seem to lack almost everything that is required. Id send him packing pretty sharpish - If he goes to be some world beater, ok we got it wrong. But based on what I seen last season he has close to zero to offer.

Yes-Lets get what we can for him now. He is too expensive to take a chance on coming good in the future, given we are now in the championship. For me the reasons to sell are:

1. He never really seems to have settled here.
2. He wasn't even first choice in the worst midfield in the prem
3. We can't afford to take chances on players who may come good. We need players who can do a job here and now.

We will probably take a £2million hit on him but we can accept that as we had his services for 12 months. The money bought in will help go towards a player who is more likely to succeed in the championship.

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

With movement ahead of him and solidity behind, I think we'd see the real potential.  I'd like to keep him and see what he can do in a decent side.

that is a good point and one which nags at me too.

Personally, I have only ever been good enough to value what I see.....I do not possess the ability to foresee what a player could be in a good side( thats Tony Barton country for me).....but I take your point.

For me players have so many different attributes to mention and that form so many different types.....I just resort back to, how much trouble they cause the opposition....If they don't what use are they?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

IMO that highlights real is pretty poor.  If that was in the transfer speculation thread I would not be excited about him at all as a possible new signing.  The biggest thing missing was him driving forward with the ball.  We miss that all over the park, but the best you see from Veretout is the occasional drag back and spin which puts him in as much trouble as it gets him out of as he does not do it with any real sharpness.  I really want to like him, but all that video did was highlight to me that he is not really very dynamic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

IMO that highlights real is pretty poor.  If that was in the transfer speculation thread I would not be excited about him at all as a possible new signing.  The biggest thing missing was him driving forward with the ball.  We miss that all over the park, but the best you see from Veretout is the occasional drag back and spin which puts him in as much trouble as it gets him out of as he does not do it with any real sharpness.  I really want to like him, but all that video did was highlight to me that he is not really very dynamic.

Do not judge him solely on that video - a lot of footage has been omitted (dribbles, opportunities that he creates with passes, defensive skills, shots, passes etc). JV, like the other midfielders, are let down by poor finishing - sometimes by their own inability to finish. 

Â