Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Having Veretout in the Championship?

HomerDrool.gif

I thought he was one of the dead certs to leave/be nicked.  Could still be nicked obviously, but it's great that he's at least not making a dash for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

HomerDrool.gif

I thought he was one of the dead certs to leave/be nicked.  Could still be nicked obviously, but it's great that he's at least not making a dash for it.

Are you drooling over his numerous poor performances last year?
Or his lack of ability to do pretty much anything other than take a corner? 

Poor player. Much rather keep Gana. 

• Like 1

I hope he stays, his potential could be realised once he's in a settled, well managed team. Even more so in a lower division where he'll get that little bit more time on the ball. 

If he wants to stay then let's give him another chance to see what he can do. 

3 hours ago, KSV said:

hes linked to Bournemouth. Doubt hed go there. 

To a Premier League team that play attacking football? Yeah no reason he'd want that

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

To a Premier League team that play attacking football? Yeah no reason he'd want that

No smart arse. As in I think hed have better options. If he leaves I reckon he will go back to france

13 minutes ago, KSV said:

No smart arse. As in I think hed have better options. If he leaves I reckon he will go back to france

In fairness, Bournemouth would be able to offer more money than all but one team in France and I really can't see Veretout getting an offer from PSG just yet.

if I was in his shoes I would stay rather than go to Bournemouth.  Could be an exciting few years for him at villa.  If we don't get promoted next year maybe move on, but if we do he is at a much better club.  

Edited by Gary Thomas

Out of all of our signing last summer, I think he needs 1 more year to see what he can really do. He arrived young, not able to speak English with no home and a pregnant wife. What he needed was to be slowly integrated into a winning team, not a team that lost every week. Who would look good under those circumstances.

Keep him, play him and lets see what he is made of.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, osmark86 said:

I hope Di Matteo will encourage him to stay as I think he will come good. He's not had an excellent season for us this year, but then again who did really? I think we'll start winning a lot more in the championship assuming we invest well (please, for once..) and regain some confidence. This should be a great environment for him to show everybody what he is capable off. If he still flops then we'll know for sure, but many players have had poor first seasons and then bloomed.

Encourage - yes, but don't promise him anything RDM. He has everything to prove yet.

7 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

Out of all of our signing last summer, I think he needs 1 more year to see what he can really do. He arrived young, not able to speak English with no home and a pregnant wife. What he needed was to be slowly integrated into a winning team, not a team that lost every week. Who would look good under those circumstances.

Keep him, play him and lets see what he is made of.

His strength and conditioning is awful, he really needs to improve it in pre-season, needs to hit the weights and improve his stamina. If he does that we might just see the best of him, if he doesn't, well he'll never amount to anything in this country. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BOF said:

HomerDrool.gif

I'm not sure I find the prospect of him blowing out of his arse after 55 minutes and flattering to deceive for the majority of his games a particularly mouthwatering prospect!

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I see a good intelligent player in there.  I think next season once he's settled be will be awesome.  Some players you can just tell that they have "it".  I think he does.  

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His strength and conditioning is awful, he really needs to improve it in pre-season, needs to hit the weights and improve his stamina. If he does that we might just see the best of him, if he doesn't, well he'll never amount to anything in this country. 

I agree  with both of these statements.

• Like 2

I think there's a good player in Veretout and it's harsh to write him off after one season given his circumstances and the state of our club when he joined. It wasn't for nothing that he was linked with Leicester and Tottenham last year.

• Like 1

Â