Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

So is this Benteke's replacement?

weimann's replacement is my guess, or even better nzogbia's replacement

weimann and nzogbia or sinclair and ayew, bit of a no brainer

have seen plenty of people saying he's not good enough to replace benteke, really dont think thats the plan, seems to me that rather than trying to replace bentekes 20 goals and then 5-10 from midfield we're hoping for 8-10 goals from 3/4 players, ayew did more than that from playing wide last season

• Like 3

Been reading a bit about him on various sites because I knew nothing about him beforehand.

He can play all cross the front line but his best performances have come when he has played as a main striker.

He came from Marseilles youth team and when older brother Andrew came in to the first team, people said that Jordan was the more talented of the two. He played a bit for Marseille before going on loan for half a season at Sochaux in 13/14 where he managed to score 5 goals. He then moved to Lorient last summer.

Although Lorient narrowly avoided relegation last season he managed to score 12 goals (3 penalties, 2 headers, 2 with his left foot and the rest with his right) and provided 7 assists in the process. After his successful season at Lorient he's been linked with moves to both Dortmund and Liverpool. There is not one aspect of his game that stands out over the others he seems rather balanced that way. But he can be very inconsistent - a world beater in one match and terrible in the next.

When you just look at his stats he seems to be a bit of a gamble, given that his only really good season was the last one. But I'm sure, if the reports are true, that we'll have scouted him meticulously and he'll be what Tim is looking for. But I think if he's coming here he'll play as a main striker and not as an inside forward or something like that.

For a struggling side the stats are fine, he he did that here in his first season I'd be pretty please. He's only 23, room to develop still.

I think he will get on the end of a few of Amavi's crosses judging by his CYV.

I'd assume he and Amavi have been direct opponents on occasion too.
  • Like 1

Â