Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Boom boom boom, let me hear you say Ayyeeww, Ayyewwwww!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Best chant I've heard in ages and it will catch on, congratulations sir!

As for the player, having studied YouTube he seems to score some excellent goals. I've never watched French football, but wow, not a scrappy goal amongst them.

Most of history goals are on the break in some form, but that seems to suit us.

I'm all for it, we could be getting him at a time where he is maturing and that could help improve his reported lack of consistency.

This seems like a calculated gamble, which I am all for. If it works the pay off is enormous. I rather suspect he won't be the only striker we approach either.

Hope it goes through.

Benteke had the most infuriating levels of consistency, and he did alright for us.

Just as long as this guy isn't the only target man / goal outlet on the pitch then this shouldn't matter.

The problem with consistency and benteke was, when he was shit...the team were shit.

• Like 3

I actually watched Paris SG - Lorient live last season. Jordan Ayew was causing PSG problems all game and looked very good. He stood out in that Lorient side.

His goal about 1:44 into this. The Youtube link doesn't seem to work on here. Well you could search PSG - Lorient 3 - 1.

Edited by NoelVilla
  • Like 4

To me this is a good bit of business if it actually happens. Yes the reported fee is a bit high, but when we have Man City throwing around money having spent close to £50 million this summer already and looking likely to end the window spending £100 million then we need to get used to paying a fair bit for players, this is the Premier League now and because of those teams those outside the Premier League expect every team to have that kind of cash. There is no such thing as a cheap player on the continent anymore as they have all wised up. I'm surprised we got Amavi for as little as we did.

I know they're only YouTube videos, but he looks like exactly the sort of player Gabby Agbonlahor should be - yet also decent in the air.

A lot of the goals are with Ayew on the move either across the defence or running behind it.  Even with Benteke, we've had a static attack for far too long.

I'm all for this if it goes through.

Significant upgrade on Weimann and pretty much half the reported fee for Townsend, with additional versatility. Good business.

It's 12 million POUNDs though, not Euro.

I'd be surprised if that was the case although he'd still be cheaper than Townsend. Guess we'll see if/when it's completed, if it's disclosed.

• Like 1

Only Sky seem to be reporting it as £12m.

Birmingham Mail (Kendrick) and The Mail report it as £9m.

Only Sky seem to be reporting it as £12m.

Birmingham Mail (Kendrick) and The Mail report it as £9m.

My mistake I actually meant to say it the other way around, and I also didn't realise he said for HALF the reported fee. Ignore me. lol

Le10Sport say we have been in discussion for five days and an agreement has now been reached. Again they also clarify the price (12 million euros).

Also Lille wanted him but couldn't compete with us.

According to our information, the amount of transfer Jordan Ayew (Lorient towards Aston Villa) amounted to 12 million euros and not 17 as mentioned by the English press.

This Friday, the British press has evoked an agreement between Lorient and Aston Villa for the transfer of Jordan Ayew. According to Sky Sports, the operation would finalize 17 million euros. Reportedly, the true amount would be 12 million. No information was available about the detail of the offer sent by Aston Villa (or bonus offers with fixed supply), but in all cases, Lorient will make an excellent shot ...

DISCUSSIONS FROM 5 DAYS

Recruited to about 4 million euros Lorient during the 2014 transfer window, the club's president Loic Fery is about to sign a gain more than consistent. The fruit of negotiations with Aston Villa for nearly five days. After several exchanges, the two clubs have finally found a total agreement. Aston Villa must now agree with Jordan Ayew for his new contract.

THE WIDELY LOSC Distance

As we have revealed, the LOSC and new coach Herve Renard, had positioned to Lorient for the transfer of Jordan Ayew. But the approach of LOSC is not commensurate with the means to Aston Villa Left Behind ... for obvious economic reasons, Lille could not compete. Once again, the Premier League has stunned the market and a new talent in Ligue 1 crossed the Channel for more gold horizons ...

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-jordan-ayew-a-aston-villa-cest-12-millions-deuros-197223

Makes sense for us. Looks to have the capability, needs to be honed and given a big stage to perform on. And he's just young enough to develop and add to his value.

Doubt he'll blow our socks off to begin with but might do in time.

Â