Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

If he has a relegation release clause then we will be selling him for a loss whether we want to or not..... contract length doesn't mean anything with that clause.....

It's like Jordan Ayew FC has finished bottom of the league through no fault of Jordan Ayew.

Head and shoulders our best player this season, it must be so frustrating playing with some of the others. There was a moment at 1-0 today where he broke down the left, beat his man and played a great ball across the box begging to be tapped home... nobody there. Summed up his contribution and the rest of them this season.

7 hours ago, chappy said:

It's like Jordan Ayew FC has finished bottom of the league through no fault of Jordan Ayew.

Head and shoulders our best player this season, it must be so frustrating playing with some of the others. There was a moment at 1-0 today where he broke down the left, beat his man and played a great ball across the box begging to be tapped home... nobody there. Summed up his contribution and the rest of them this season.

To think he barely had a look in during the first 10 games under Sherwood and KMac, even after he pretty much destroyed SHA in the cup when he came on.  I wonder what he saw that made him think 'yeah, I don't fancy him'.  It's unbelievable how badly Tim introduced the new signings to the side.  Anyway I hope he stays, if not there will be plenty of interest from other clubs.

• Like 2

I loved that cheeky meg on Bellerin but Cech gathered his cross.

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

To think he barely had a look in during the first 10 games under Sherwood and KMac, even after he pretty much destroyed SHA in the cup when he came on.  I wonder what he saw that made him think 'yeah, I don't fancy him'.  It's unbelievable how badly Tim introduced the new signings to the side.  Anyway I hope he stays, if not there will be plenty of interest from other clubs.

He was poor first few games, he offered very little but of course as we frequently see it was just another foreign player struggling to adapt to how quickly we play football over here.

Mad though he finally came alive v SHA in the cup.....and then was unused sub v Liverpool next game.Sherwood at his finest right there. 

Yeah, let's not re-write history.

Ayew was absolutely rubbish in his first few games for us. He's turned out to be one of our best players, but not many of us woudl have guessed that after his firt few appearances.

The SHA game was the first game where he looked good.

• Like 2

He was completely unfit at the start of the season along with Veretout, whatever training Sherwood was doing at the time the fitness was atrocious. Along with the tactical disaster in the Leicester game the team ran out of legs completely that day. Of course Leicester benefited greatly from the cycling sport science geniuses at Centro Mapei in Italy which helped have them so fit.

One of the very few to emerge with any credit last season.

My only nagging doubt is how to play him in the Championship. I admit to not having watched anything from it but I have this vision of teams playing long to a target man. I don't think that's Ayew's game.

How do teams set up in that division generally? Could we go with a more traditional 4-4-2?

I'd really like to keep hold of him but my feeling is still that, that I won't lose any sleep over any departures this summer

All Ayew needs to work on is his rather short-fused temper; he can get frustrated quite quickly and it's obvious it can sometimes affect his game. With a little more composure he could be a beast in the Championship. If he stays, he could score 15+ goals with relative ease.

We are in a position now to take the hit and pay the full wages. I'd promise all the players they'll get all their money if they stay and we come straight up. It may not work on all of them but it'd give them some thing to consider. 

• 1 month later...
Â