Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

This! Why do people think we will make money on him? He will have had a relegation release clause in his contact. Would not be surprised if his was around £7M, look at the snake we could have sold him for 15m at the time but there was a release clause in his contact and we got our money back. Ayew will be no different!

If he doesn't have a relegation release clause in his contract then we need to stand firm with him and our other players who have value. Why would we let a player go for cheap just because they don't want to play in the league that their poor performances have put us in!?

A number of our summer signings were signed on 4 and 5 year deals. Supposedly most of them have relegation wage reductions in their contracts, so if we don't get decent offers (making back what we paid for them would be acceptable), then we should tell them that they're staying put!

If they kick up a fuss then just put them back in line.

We need to stop being one of these clubs that gets walked over by everyone involved. If Ayew, Gana, Veretout etc want to leave, we should tell them that they're only leaving if our asking price is met.

• Like 1

The Football Association says it will investigate striker Jordan Ayew's actions during Aston Villa's 3-2 defeatat Watford on Saturday.

Relegated Villa were leading 2-1 at Vicarage Road before two late goals from Watford captain Troy Deeney.

Ayew and team-mate Idrissa Gana Gueye were then allegedly involved in an incident involving home supporters.

Reports suggest the Ghana international, 24, climbed over advertising boards to confront fans. 

Ayew, who was substituted in the 79th minute, is believed to have taken exception to something said in the Sir Elton John Stand. 

His low drive had earlier restored Villa's lead, but Aly Cissokho was sent off with 17 minutes to play and Watford mounted a late comeback.

There may be trouble ahead

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's very unprofessional, that sending off against West Ham IMO cost us the chance to put up a better fight of staying in this league, now this...

How exactly, we won the next game v Norwich....

1 hour ago, BOF said:

One red card in game 24 is only one drop in Villa's slurry pit of a season. I think he has some fire in him. We've had plenty of nice inoffensive players for too long. We need a bit of nasty. If we had more like him this season we wouldn't be where we are. But I suspect those who don't like him won't have to suffer him for much longer because he'll probably be snapped up in the summer by a club that doesn't stink the league out.

On top of this any sort of decent player amongst the bag of shit, no hopers and wasters like we've got here, is going to get frustrated and do the odd stupid thing, I know I would.

Reckless, stupid and whatever else yes, but it's understandable to a certain degree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

How exactly, we won the next game v Norwich....

We were out playing West Ham and looked like the team most likely to win before that happened, and then we lost our best player for the following three games.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We were out playing West Ham and looked like the team most likely to win before that happened, and then we lost our best player for the following three games.

Yup, was a huge turning point, we were well up fr that game!

It was a decent first 15 minutes in which we forced a few corners and had a decent penalty shout turned down (no shots on target though).

We've had plenty of games this season where we've had good spells though, given West Ham's form I'm sure they'd have got on top at some stage and scored even if we'd kept 11.

It's not like we were 2 up like at Leicester and then Ayew got sent off and we lost. Let's also remember we were still miles from safety even if we won that game with a terrible first 11.

That west ham game we where by far the best team until hes sending off { we would have still gone down since we still would not have spent anything} But still

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Reports suggest the Ghana international, 24, climbed over advertising boards to confront fans. 

Ayew, who was substituted in the 79th minute, is believed to have taken exception to something said in the Sir Elton John Stand. 

At first glance I thought he was unimpressed by comments about Sir Elton. 

Ok, we are going to lose him come summer, but just to redress the balance of some of the rubbish in this thread (or perhaps misplaced anger?):

I'd rather Ayew's energy and passion over a season which includes his red card, to the likes of gabby's lethargy and gutless capitulation every day day of the week. Our demise has nothing to do with Ayew, other than perhaps his inability to get a Benteke goal tally which was never going to happen, and everything to do with the the rest of the rubbish in our squad. I would wager that if we had 11 players with the energy, application and effort of Ayew, we would be comfortable mid tablers.

5 years ago he would have been just a decent squad player, some one who helped us inch forward, but our decline has been such that we look to him as being some saviour. His standard should be our minimum, but instead it's the very best we have and we won't be able to keep hold of that. That's how far we have fallen.

• Like 3

I love his passion and what seemed like strong self-belief earlier in the season (wonder what level that's at now?). But someone has got to take him aside and tell him it's not a great idea to climb over advertising boards to confront fans. His brother seems a bit more mature - maybe he could help?

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's very unprofessional, that sending off against West Ham IMO cost us the chance to put up a better fight of staying in this league, now this...

picked up a stupid yellow vs Norwich as well that ruled him out of Sunderland game, decent player but an idiot. doubt teams will look at him that closely if monitor his seasonal behaviour

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

picked up a stupid yellow vs Norwich as well that ruled him out of Sunderland game, decent player but an idiot. doubt teams will look at him that closely if monitor his seasonal behaviour

That moment when you're nodding along internally, moving on, then you stop, go back, and think 'WTF is seasonal behaviour'?

Are you saying he acts out in the spring? There's something about the lambing season or April showers that drives him buck wild! Or are you accusing him of being on his period? Perhaps he's a werewolf? 

I'm lost. 

• Like 4

Â