Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

the thing with Ayew is he has looked good in our team BUT have seen players before look good in shit teams and that was mainly because players around him and clubs might be sceptical of that

Well if he looks good because he is in a shit team currently, won't getting better players be a win win anyway? 10 Jordan Ayews on the pitch is a damn sight better than what we have now.

9 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Well were not in a very strong position given our relegation.

He has shown that he's capable of performing in the prem but it's just been glimpses. He's scored what? 6 goals? 

He's certainly not been worth the money we paid so why should we expect to receive the same?

Well, we're in a strong position giving that he's signed a contract and has a relegation release clause within it. I don't understand why you think we'd sell our best player this season at a loss just because we're relegated? Surely it's a case of sell him for £10m or just.... keep him?  There's a lot of players we should make losses on to sell, Lescott for example, but there's no point making a loss on your better players, when you can just keep them? 

Well to be fair, I think he has shown he's worth the money in todays market. £10m gets you a slightly above average player these days, and he's been our best player, so it was okay for the money tbh. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Other clubs wouldn't play him as central striker though due to our desperate lack of options. That's the thing to remember, he hasn't even been playing in his most effective position for half the season.

Teams like Palace that play 4-3-3 would stick him in one of the wide forward positions and he'd be a good pick up as he can chip in with goals.

• 3 weeks later...

He's by no means a great player or anything but I think he will flourish in the Champ. However I have a feeling someone will bid for him because he works hard and has stood out in this appalling team. A promoted club or someone like Stoke I could see signing him.

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

1 in 3 in the worst team in the league by a country mile. I don't think we'll hold onto him, I do think we'll make a decent profit. I wouldn't think of letting him go for less than £15m.

yep, and most of his goals he created himself, or been a key part in the build up. Theres only really his goal against swansea where i thought hes had it laid on a plate for him and all hes had to do is finish

• Like 1

Ayew is class....relatively in this team. I just don't see him staying. Teams like Palace and maybe Newcastle if they stay up will be in for him.

I would be happy with 10m, pretty much what we paid.

Remember this is Aston Villa, we probably installed a 2M release clause in his contact!

On 12/04/2016 at 20:32, AshVilla said:

West Ham can **** off trying to get him for 6 mill

Repeating what I said in the match thread:

we need to be looking to make a profit on him. He's proved he can be a good PL player so no gamble and the PL will be awash with dirty dirty cash next year 

Â