Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I don't think he has enough in his locker to tempt the big teams (unless he starts scoring big time). Ideal for us though.

i am not sure how well he would play if he was no2 striker, seems to have an inclination to dribble and shoot.

21 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Shouldn't have played so much midweek against Wycombe. Tank running on empty in second half. Should have had a pen though.

I agree with this, I was very surprised he played against Wycombe and I feel we saw the downside of that today. 

• Like 1

When in the box he tried to dri the left shoulder and go for the curl off the right (similar to the goal he a scored a couple of weeks back). Can't do the same move every time, especially when you keep falling doing it. Needs to be rested against city next week.

The weight of expectation can't help the lad. He must be fully aware (as are we) that he is the only hope we have of scoring. 

We need another striker to help with the load. 

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very much a number 10 in how he plays.

He's more of a wide forward in a 4-3-3. Like duff and robben were at Chelsea. Has good pace, dribbling and workrate and can beat a player but won't score enough goals to play as an out and out striker and isn't creative enough to play as a number ten.

• Like 3

Part of the reason we have looked better is that he comes deep and links up with the midfield giving us an extra man.

It's just a shame that leaves Gestede/Kozak up front, if we had anyone half decent we would be scoring a lot more goals.

As much as Gabby has had a number of chances in this team, I actually think if we put him up front it would be a better option.

• Like 1

Â