Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 hours ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Ayew is fast becoming the fans favourite as he actually gives a S***!

Just a real shame he will be the first out of the door in May more than likely joining his brother at Swansea

I like Ayew, as you say, he is seemingly one of the only players who cares.

I am not certain that outside of the club he is so well regarded.  considering the fee we paid and we would at least want that amount back, I don't know if other teams would pay that much for him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

I am not certain that outside of the club he is so well regarded.  considering the fee we paid and we would at least want that amount back, I don't know if other teams would pay that much for him.

He's probably not as well regarded by other teams fans as they just see him as part of a shit team bottom of the league. The scouts and DF's of other clubs are probably actually fit for the job and would have noticed him. Teams that go down are normally picked off for their good players when they go down and it will be no different for us.

(For how NOT to do it see :- Villa signing Richardson from relegated Fulham. For how to, see Berbatov to Monaco from relegated Fulham).

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

He's probably not as well regarded by other teams fans as they just see him as part of a shit team bottom of the league. The scouts and DF's of other clubs are probably actually fit for the job and would have noticed him. Teams that go down are normally picked off for their good players when they go down and it will be no different for us.

(For how NOT to do it see :- Villa signing Richardson from relegated Fulham. For how to, see Berbatov to Monaco from relegated Fulham).

There will certainly be vultures circling when we go down, but would anyone consider him worth the 12million we should at least be asking for?

Personally I hope not as he would be an asset in the cchampionship.

Well after last summer you have to assume some of the foreign lads may have insisted on some release clauses in their deals in the event of relegation, say 10m with Ayew. You certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Ayew didn't have his best game yesterday but he still nearly scored from an excellent run. If more of this team showed his spirit and heart we wouldn't be in the bottom 3 imo.

Maybe I'll wind up disappointed but something about Ayew tells me he might stick around for a season in the Championship. Just how he conducted himself when he joined basically defending us in the wake of his ex-teams mis-management of the transfer, he seems loyal. I won't fault him for leaving as any Premier League capable player should be playing there but I really want him to stay. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't shock me if Swansea went for him given his brother is there and they'll probably sell Gomis in the summer.

Depends if they stay up, which is looking a bit dicey.  I wonder whether he's a Wenger-type forward and if he could end up there.  I just hope he stays and helps us give it a go for at least the first half of next season to help us come back up.

20 hours ago, villafan306 said:

The thing is, he wasn't expensive. He was a few years ago but £10million is the new £6million, anything below that is gamble money.
Considering how expensive good Championship players are he is worth keeping around.

I like Ayew, but I seriously doubt a host of better clubs are looking at him.

I also like the fact his facial expressions always make it look like he's just walked into the worst fart cloud imaginable 

• Like 2

When Amavi got injured i was gutted we had lost one of the Jordan Trio 

Then i realised what an engine Ayew has and that he does the work of two men so were still effectively playing with three jordan's anyway

Quality player and i will miss him next season 

Absolute player now that he's settled in.  Quality footwork, fantastic work rate, quite a distance ahead of our other players right now.  Unless we achieve a miracle survival, this guy will be gone.

Â