Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

If only he converted that chance towards the end. That would have been the best goal I've seen at Villa Park in years and years.

It would have been awesome.

And in reality, he really should have. He'd done all the hard work. it was literally just the keeper left when he took that shot.

Shame, would have been wonderful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the way I see him at the moment he is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer. not a slight on the player as same thing was said about Bergkamp and Robbie Keane in the past

To be fair he's about 1 in 2 on recent form for us isn't he? Not bad.

Oh yeah he has done well so far but I meant that except for his penalty vs West Ham I remember most of his other goals have been cracking strikes. He isnt really a player that will grab you scruffy goals

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

If only he converted that chance towards the end. That would have been the best goal I've seen at Villa Park in years and years.

Hmmm, Benteke scored some fantastic goals for us.

Easily my favourite player and I stopped having favourite players years ago. 

Think this guy will be everybody's favourite player by the end of the season. IF we stay up, I think we need to give him the armband - he has shown nothing but sheer passion and fight since he joined, which kicked in on the pitch against the Blues as if he "became" one of us.

The man used his sign-on fee to pay Lorient so he could join us, very rare you see such a thing in football nowadays. Special talent, special guy. 

Did he really give his signing on fee to Lorient?

Amazing if true.

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Amazing if true.

It's exactly this and his commitment to this club for whatever reason he has that makes me think he may just stick around even if we go down.. 

21 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Amazing if true.

Yeah, basically after we bought Amavi, Lorient decided they wanted an extra £2m. We didn't want to pay it, however to make it happen Ayew forfeited the sign-on fee we were going to give him to Lorient to push it over the line. 

Have to admire it, he knew he wanted to come here and he made sure it happened.

10 hours ago, powell91 said:

This may not be the most popular opinion but if he goes i think it will hurt more than benteke 

To me he's also a much more likeable character than Benteke, looks much more interested.

Not a slight on Benteke, but he never seemed to care as much

• Like 1

Definitely needs a proper sort of original chant of his own...

I had Boney M's "Daddy Cool" come into me head as I'm feeling slightly disco... not lambo though!!

"He's crazy and he's cool,

He wears claret and Blue...

Jordan Ayeeww... Jordan Ayeeww..."

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sunderland apparently want to sign his brother which could turn relegation battle upside down. might also end minor speculation he end up at Swansea next season ;)

Yeah he might end up at Sunderland instead

If he does go it definitely won't be to the likes of of Sunderland or Swansea or anyone else fighting relegation this or next season. He is on another level to Andre who if I am right hasn't stood out in Swansea's team while they have been falling apart at the seams. Jordan has shown everyone that even in the shitest team out there he can still look good and stand out. His skill set is far greater than his brothers and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the likes of Liverplop or Spurs come hunting for him just on work rate alone. He would fit right in to both their managers ideals imo. Tricky, works hard, strong, hardly gives the ball away, can finish(although needs to calm down when 8 yards out when a pass into the net will suffice), etc, etc etc..

At 23 years old I think this lad can go to a big club in the next year or so and more than hold his own if he keeps doing what he is doing.

Unless the unfortunate happens to him and he feels the need to hang around with us for another 12 months. All because he has fell in love with The Villa after the stories his dad told him about this beautiful club in middle England that has a wonderful and grand history, littered with memorable moments and great players. A hallowed pitch inside a magnificent stadium that once staged amazing nights of european football, under floodlights that said AV!  A club supported by hordes of warriors chanting war cries like, "shit on the city" and "Holtenders in the sky", while in battle and wearing their enemies blood down the breast of their light blue shirts!!

He's gonna go ain't he? damn! Nearly got myself then with that tale..

• Like 1

Â