Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

3 hours ago, Strangeways said:

Rumour has it we turned down a bid for him on transfer deadline day and he and his team were trying to push it through. Obviously taken his bat and ball home and did it on purpose, he's angry and doesn't want to play for us anymore.

It would be fair to say that the beginning of this sentence suggests straws are being plucked.

What Ayew did last night was utterly pathetic and selfish.

Whatever the theory behind it may be it is still unjustified with how we are as a team at the minute.

My hat goes off to the 10 men who had to pick up the pieces for the remainder of the game because of this muppets' behaviour!

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not justifying what he did at all but a neck pinch is incredibly painful and could provoke a reaction

What a complete dipstick,FFS he had 75 minutes left to get even, he had to get even streight away.

Well done the lads left on the pitch.

Just now, PussEKatt said:

What a complete dipstick,FFS he had 75 minutes left to get even, he had to get even streight away.

Well done the lads left on the pitch.

I wasnt sure it was about getting even I think it was a spontaneous reaction to a neck pinch which is understandable.  Like I say I am not at all trying to excuse him

I think being only 24 his naivety kicked in not thinking ahead like the rest of the cheats in the PL do.

Huth has been doing it all season - apparently unnoticed & Costa as well.

But not encouraging what happened, the silly little boy should still have not reacted how he did.

So no money being provided for players, and obviously no one teaching the kids discipline either.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I dont disagree but i think it was a reactionary thing to a sharp bout of pain coming at a specific moment.  Cresswell got what he wanted

Ayew went for him twice, though.  He swung an elbow toward his chest initially and, probably upon realising it hadn't worked properly, then went for his face.

Not quite as "reactionary" if you ask me.

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

To be fair Benteke did it almost as bad against Spurs a couple of seasons ago. We forgave him. Still, he extinguished probably our last opportunity last night. 

It's looking more than grim now. 

big difference between the players though. Benteke had a lot of credit in the bank

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think being only 24 his naivety kicked in not thinking ahead like the rest of the cheats in the PL do.

Huth has been doing it all season - apparently unnoticed & Costa as well.

But not encouraging what happened, the silly little boy should still have not reacted how he did.

So no money being provided for players, and obviously no one teaching the kids discipline either.

24 is not young in football terms. It was a very poor reaction, we need players we can trust in must win situations, Ayew has somewhat broken this trust in my opinion. 

People who are saying he should never play for us again are way OTT but Ayew has to really go the extra mile to redeem himself IMO.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't be silly.

It was a stupid thing to do from Ayew, but let's not forget that he's one of the few players who actually looks like he gives a shit this season.

He did this because he got wound up and reacted stupidly. It's nothing to do with whether he can or can't be bothered.

Wound up about what?? There was nothing for him to be wound up about. The sides were equal nothing in it. Cresswell didnt do anything to him. Honestly he knows we have no strikers. For me he looks like  a man who has given up and doesnt want to be here anymore

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Wound up about what?? There was nothing for him to be wound up about. The sides were equal nothing in it. Cresswell didnt do anything to him. Honestly he knows we have no strikers. For me he looks like  a man who has given up and doesnt want to be here anymore

Cresswell pinched him, hard, on the shoulder.

I'm not saying that's an excuse, but that's what he reacted to.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But, as I posted earlier, he still went for him twice.  Not just a "one off reaction" - he was actively looking to catch him.

Stupid.

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

God if that wound him up he is abit of a p*ssy! 

Terrible from Ayew in my opinion. 

It was stupid. I'm not denying that for a second, or defending Ayew.

I'm just saying it's a huge leap to decide that elbowing someone in the face means he suddenly doesn't care and can't be bothered so deliberately did so as to be suspended.

That's based on absolutely no evidence.

Â