Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I would offer him a pay rise, extension and put an agreement in place that if he agrees to give us 1 year to help us get out of the Championship we'll let him leave the following season if we don't. 

Would love to see this work, but I think even though he's only 24, he will still feel he's not young enough to 'waste' a year in the Championship.

sign Andre (the "right" Ayew brother) as our central striker with Jordan playing just off him. Keeps him happy in the club and area and they are bound to have an understanding. I want him to stay so badly. He admittedly isnt as good as Benteke, and he is a grumpy looking sod but I just like him him more than I ever liked Benteke. :unsure:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

sign Andre (the "right" Ayew brother) as our central striker with Jordan playing just off him. Keeps him happy in the club and area and they are bound to have an understanding. I want him to stay so badly. He admittedly isnt as good as Benteke, and he is a grumpy looking sod but I just like him him more than I ever liked Benteke. :unsure:

I think its because Benteke no matter how good he was didn't want to stay here and the first sniff of a big club and he was gone and that was made very clear from the get go. I don't blame him and in fairness he handled himself well when he had a piss poor agent but never seen him have as much passion as this fella and even if he does leave has treated our club with the love and respect it deserves.

Ayew is one of my favourite players and I don't really pick favourites in football as most players are mercenaries, but Ayew is different something about him is different. When he came into the club he backed us 100% when his former club was being awkward. He's the only player half the time that looks absolutely devastated when we lose. The only player that has worked his ass off game after game after game out of respect for the club and the fans. When everyone else gives up Ayew tries to make stuff happen and sometimes it works like some of his goals this season. Getting relegated will suck but losing this guy will be tough..

• Like 2

I think he would be a great captain. When he puts on his angry face, no team mate would dare to not put in 100%.

I cannot remember any previous player we have had with those facial expressions that range from dismal to angry and nothing in between. I love him, I do wish we could keep him.

• Like 1

I just hope he sticks around for at least another year, the guy is fantastic is every single department and exactly what that squad needed.

I always worried that Gabby was sat in the background saying well, we're bad because X,Y and Z training or this is no good, there's no chance of that now, Ayew has cemented himself as Mr Villa (at the moment), he really, really doesn't want us to go down.

13 hours ago, WooJung said:

Crazy thought. He's WAAAAY too good for the Championship and I don't expect him to follow us there, nor would I blame him for not wanting to.

But, instead of selling him, how about loaning him to a top flight team with a right to buy clause which they could only use if we fail to get promoted back the Premier League, meaning that if we did get promoted we could then have him back, even more experienced.

I know this is as unplausible as it gets, but you know, one likes to dream...

Similar to what QPR did with Remy, loaning him to Newcastle when they went down in 12/13. They didn't manage to keep him when they came back up but we might get lucky.

NB I would prefer he stayed with us and helped us back up though.

2 hours ago, powell91 said:

This may not be the most popular opinion but if he goes i think it will hurt more than benteke 

I agree but think that's because it was inevitable for Benteke after years of great service and easily the best striker I've seen at the club. If Benteke had left after his first season and that move to Spurs (?) had gone through I would have been absolutely distraught. I agree with him showing more love and fight for the club than Benteke as well.

(I really do need to get round to changing my avi... maybe an equivalent but with Ayew's signature death row expression)

I think a lot will depend on his form between now and the end of the season! If he scores say a further 10+ goals in our remaining games someone will take him. I for one would love to see him stay - his application is fantastic and would suggest he is a   popular figure in the dressing room. 

Â