Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

On 27/06/2016 at 11:45, GENTLEMAN said:

Is that his highlights? Christ we really were shit. 

I mean I rate him and he did well this season but there are some basic turns, jog 5 yards and pass to a team mate 10 yards away in that video clip. 

Edited by AndyM3000

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Did Xia not leave off buying Marseille because when he looked into their books they were such a mess. Maybe a loan is all they as a club can afford.

Could well be so.

Last 2 seasons they've sold off most of their expensive and highly rated players, and not reinvested very much into the squad.

This summer  Batshuayi is off.

Maybe it's about paying off the rebuild they did to their stadium?

After a quick web search, seems that they find themselves in a similar situation to us before Xia came in. Wealthy owner who's lost interest in the club, and is trying to sell it.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Could well be so.

Last 2 seasons they've sold off most of their expensive and highly rated players, and not reinvested very much into the squad.

This summer  Batshuayi is off.

Maybe it's about paying off the rebuild they did to their stadium?

Surely this rebuild was part of the Euro preparation and was heavily subsidised?

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Coup or not, Gueye is so much better than Sanchez.

Sanchez is shite.

He is.

But keeping him for me is as much of a coup as it was claimed when we signed Sanchez. As in it isn't one. 

56 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Surely this rebuild was part of the Euro preparation and was heavily subsidised?

I'd assume so, yes.

Still won't have been cheap, was there once before the rebuild and once during.

From how it looks now it's some change.

Edit: 267m Euro in total apparently. But that includes the area around the stadium as well (shopping mall, hotels...)

No idea who paid for what

Edited by sne

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Marseille owner ( Margarita Louis-Dreyfus ) is worth 7 billion, according to google, but apparenlty she's lost interest in the club.

You'd think she'd be well up for a pizza the action.

• Like 4

Gana will be good in championship if he stays AND is motivated.

At premier level though...he had a few good games at the start and around January but lets be honest he isn't much better than NRC who was frequently panned on here despite being a regular in better performing teams. 

14 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Is that his highlights? Christ we really were shit. 

I mean I rate him and he did well this season but there are some basic turns, jog 5 yards and pass to a team mate 10 yards away in that video clip. 

What were you were expecting from a] A defensively minded centre mid and b] This season? :D

Â