Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Can't really do anything about it to be honest, I always felt he would leave. We need a new cm anyways. If him and Westwood go gives us opportunity to mix it up in a area we struggled badly last season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shame, would have been very good in the Championship, imo.

Would have been fine in Premier League next season too! ;)

Possibly our best player leaving. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Would have been fine in Premier League next season too! ;)

Possibly our best player leaving. 

Yep, which I suppose isn't very surprising.

We'll survive.

Looks like Tshibola was his replacement and maybe also explains why we haven't accepted the Burnley bid for Westwood as we'd be pretty depleted in CM then.

I'd still expect another in that area but although he's much maligned Sanchez should be o.k as DM at championship level if he stays around.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't really do anything about it to be honest, I always felt he would leave. We need a new cm anyways. If him and Westwood go gives us opportunity to mix it up in a area we struggled badly last season

Not disagreeing or having a go, because i'm 99% sure we will agree on the answer to my question.  Was there an area we didn't struggle badly last season?  

37 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

The few times I saw him play last season I thought he was bang average. I'm just disappointed we're not going to get back all of the £9m we paid for him.

Look at it as a loan for £2million

I couldn't care twopence either way. He's another player with delusions of grandeur. He was a key player in the worst Villa midfield in my lifetime.

Let him go, close the door, draw a line and move on-Lets have players here who are hungry and up for the fight £7million will be good money we can use to buy a suitable replacement.,

Â