Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Happy for Gana to go, we need one of those championship-experience-leader-types that RDM wants, to shout at everyone from the middle of the park. Not sure who that is though...

Britton, Ledley, Jedinak?  Knockaert looked great last year!  Huddlestone is out of contract I think too.   Personally, would love to see Barry back, but unlikely I suppose.  

will come good next year. not many errors and individual play like tackling, intercepts were good. hard to link up well with players when you have the likes of richardson, westwood and gestede around you. he was performing well in ligue 1 which is of similar standard to the championship

Canal+ are reporting he isn't interested in going back to France. Wants to stay in England with a prem club http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/football/c-transferts/c-news-mercato/cid1405569-om-i-gueye-n-est-pas-tente.html

Although his club has been relegated to the second division, Senegalese midfielder does not give priority to a return to France. He favours a start towards a formation of Premier League. 26 player, who has played 35 League matches last year, is under contract until June 2019. Its value is estimated at EUR 9 million.

(Posted through my phone so formatting might be a bit off)

Edited by dudevillaisnice

He's a funny one. I thought he was class at Dean Court last year on the opening day of the season. Never stopped working, plus his distribution was good. Utd the following week he was the best player on the pitch for a half hour then he just gassed, and his season was mostly made up of games like that. You'd have to wonder how he'd handle the the rigors of the championship with a 46 game season and then some. In terms of his ability on the ball he'd be an asset for us next year IF he can stand up to it.

I think he's pretty good and would be a massive asset this season as he hits his second season stride.  But he made it very clear from the outset that he was here as a stepping stone so if there's a release clause I'm certain he'll be gone to some mid table PL side.  Only hope is that they all go for flavour of the month players from the Euros and no-one comes in for him.

Maybe they can play together I don't. But from some of the initial description of Tshiboal he seemed like a defensive midfielder, but reading a bit more on him he seems to have qualities going forward as well, so maybe he's more of a box to box player. I hope we can keep Gueye.

I think Gueye's a terrific player and all other things being equal would love to keep him. However, iirc he hasn't shown a particular interest in playing for the club, on the contrary seems keen to get away. If that is the case I certainly hope he goes.

Marseille open talks with Aston Villa's Idrissa Gueye over £7.1m transfer

By SSNHQ

Last Updated: 11/07/16 6:21pm

•  
  •  
  •  
Marseille are in talks with midfielder Idrissa Gueye over a potential departure from Aston Villa
Marseille are in talks with midfielder Idrissa Gueye over a potential departure from Aston Villa

Marseille have entered into talks with Aston Villa over midfielder Idrissa Gueye, having triggered his £7.1m release clause.

The 26-year-old moved to Villa last summer after spending five years with Lille, however, following Villa's relegation to Championship, he is now keen on returning to France.

Gueye made 38 appearances for Villa last season, scoring just once - in the 2-0 FA Cup third-round replay win over Wycombe Wanderers.

New Villa manager Roberto di Matteo completed the signing of Reading midfielder Aaron Tshibola earlier this week, the club's third new signing following the recruitment of Tommy Elphick and Pierluigi Gollini.

Villa signed Aaron Tshibola from Reading this week
Villa signed Aaron Tshibola from Reading this week

Di Matteo is undertaking a rebuilding of the Villa squad following their relegation from the Premier League and having been appointed as manager by the club's new owner Tony Xia.

Xia has set the club the ambitious target of winning the Champions League as he prepares to overhaul the club following their relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.

The forthcoming season will be the first outside of the top flight since 1987 but Di Matteo has vowed to unify the club as they target an immediate return to the Premier League. 

Roberto di Matteo is excited by the project at Aston Villa
Roberto di Matteo is excited by the project at Aston Villa

The club are currently reviewing their recruitment structure after the former regime spent around £55m on new signings last summer. 

clicky

he seems a player that would cause shit in the dressing room if he doesnt get his way, no great loss, £7m could by better.

only problem is that he wants to stay in england (like all europeans do!) so can see him/his agent turning this offer down

6 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

he seems a player that would cause shit in the dressing room if he doesnt get his way, no great loss, £7m could by better.

only problem is that he wants to stay in england (like all europeans do!) so can see him/his agent turning this offer down

I don't get that impression at all.

• Like 2

Â