Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Normally ask people I know about there opinions on players we are looking to sign, may as well have man city fans on speed dial at the moment. Sinclair, Trippier and Richards potentially our first 3 signings.

Not that it's bad or I have a problem with it. Just coincidental. Especially considering the worries people had about Tim only signing Spurs players

For a while I was unsure, and I still have my reservations but considering he's free the cost over his contract isn't that high. 

Plays two positions and could probably fill in at left back, no doubt he will fit in the team well enough.

He's still not the answer to our defensive woes, but that won't be solved unless we get massively lucky or spend a good £8+million

I would hope not, I don't rate Richards at CH at all from when he played there at City.

He feels he has a point to prove at Right back which is his strongest position and where he's more likely to play again for England so put him there. Move Lowton on and have him and Bacuna as the two RBs next season, I'd be happy with that.

Not sure where that leaves Hutton but hey ho.

• Like 1

More on this potential signing:  :)

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/villa-closing-richards-reports-terrified-richards?

Villa closing in on Richards, reports terrified Richards

The former Manchester City man has announced publicly that Aston Villa are after him, and there is nothing he can do to stop them.

He first noticed men in dark glasses and gilets watching him train in March, he told FourFourTwo via an encrypted phone line, before mysterious typewritten notes began arriving saying things like "You'll like Sutton Coldfield."  

Richards continued that he had found an image of a lion rampant chalked onto his front door, and that mysterious claret and blue helicopters had been seen circling near his apartment.

"Sooner or later they're going to swoop for me, and I'll be gone forever, just like Nicklas Helenius and Libor Kozak," he said. "And Joe Cole and Aleksandar Tonev and Aly Cissokho and... well, I could go on, obviously."

Richards' attempt to throw Aston Villa scouts off the scent by moving to Italy appears to have failed, and he paid an emotional tribute to his former team-mates at Fiorentina and Manchester City, telling them that he was sorry he would never see them again.

"I have no idea what they want from me", he said in a video message released last night, “but they have made it clear that I am their No.1 target. Nobody escapes."

The former England star added that his last hope might be to suffer a catastrophic loss of form and a series of niggling injuries causing Aston Villa to eventually lose interest and release him unharmed, adding that Stephen Ireland would be his inspiration

• Like 2

I think people will be suprised when he slots in at CB. Lets hope hes matured and learnt a few things at CB. It does concern me that Montella said he struggles in a back 3 if that is what Sherwood is planning.

I think people will be suprised when he slots in at CB. Lets hope hes matured and learnt a few things at CB. It does concern me that Montella said he struggles in a back 3 if that is what Sherwood is planning.

I think he meant struggles at right wing back when there is 3 CBs.

• Like 2

I think he will be the best RB we have had for a long time! Young/Bacuna/Lowton/Hutton/Melberg (loved him but not at RB)king Carlos and others I may have missed are all below this guy in abilities all round as far as the RB position goes IMO!

Â