Micah Richards

Demitri_C

meh signing

lets see how many games he can remain fit

Unless he suddenly turns into the bionic man i'm not going to get my hopes up

I may be wrong but I didn't think he'd had lots of injury problems over the last few years.
Exactly, he's had one longish stint out through an injury. Where these "staying fit" comments are coming from I don't know...well I do, people need to change the record as rewording the same post repeatedly gets boring. Edited by mightysasquatch
  • Like 1

The general feeling from outside is that it's a coup. Looking at it objectively his injury record isn't bad at all, he's just been kept out the side.

I can see him being a great signing. Articles suggesting he turned down West Ham, Sunderland and Inter amongst others, in that regard Sherwood has done a great job swaying him to sign for us.

I take it we have made some sort of agreement with the player? If not this could read a little like an agent leaking that someone bigger needs to come in before next week or Micah will sign for Villa.

I look forward to seeing him signing for us and waving a shirt around @ BH/VP after that.   

So other than the papers, few twitter guys and some people saying "I'm happy with this signing" (or not happy)...the signing hasn't even happened yet.

Nothing official anywhere.

he actually offered me to shadow him for a day when I thought about becoming a journalist and he gave me a call

Did you end up doing it? That'd have been a pretty interesting experience I reckon. I've never been privy to the sports side of this game, but I'd love to get involved with it even slightly

I didn't in the end! I was in my 2nd year at uni but took a couple of journalism modules as I was interested in it, but it wasn't the avenue I decided to go down. I think it would have taken a while to sort out too as I would have had to have got insured or something along those lines. I get an odd tip off on a few things through his friend which is good sometimes, I think some people would be surprised in to how quickly things can change in terms of a transfer and contact etc. 

So other than the papers, few twitter guys and some people saying "I'm happy with this signing" (or not happy)...the signing hasn't even happened yet.

Nothing official anywhere.

As stated by others, normally when Colley speaks up its pretty much on the money. Isn't Richards still on holiday?

Is there anything certain about any signing ?

Paul Mcgrath was a Man U Reject.....and went on to probably play his best football with us.

Its anyones guess, but it could be a gamble worth taking..... we are not exactly the planets biggest attraction, we have much ground to make up and a few gambles might be right for the moment.

If an up and coming Ronaldo is the only thing to please.....theres going to be a few disappointed fans this summer.

Any up and coming stars are unlikely to join us.

• Like 2

I extremely doubt that. The bloke stayed at City rotting away on their bench for about 5 years just for a bit of extra money.

First of all he had not been on their bench for 5 years, secondly it is alleged Sunderland offered 25k a week more. If that is your argument, it really does not add up IMO. As for Villa, I reckon he would be a great signing

Mcgrath was good for United really, he just didn't fit into Ferguson's plans because of his drinking. 

well judging by some of the forecasts on Richards ( which could be proved right bye the way) McGrath's drinking would have been suffice to poo poo that signing too......."who wants drunks playing for us" can just see the headline.

I sometimes wonder if Villa fans would complain if we signed Lionel Messi and put him on more than 500 quid a week.

He probably only going to take that contract for tax reasons ;)

I still don't get why people are so happy with this. He's not a good defender - doesn't have the brain for it. He's simply an athlete who looked very promising but never lived up to the hype. This is going to be a catastrophic waste of money IMO.

• Like 1

Â