Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Completely disagree. He's the hardest defender Bale has had to play against. According to Bale.

I think he's a quality player and critically better than anything we currently have. It's high time we improved the first XI with genuine, quality, Premier League players.

• Like 3

Oh great, another Man City reject that was never any good in the first place. Forgive me for the lack of celebration. 

The people on here who think he's a "great" signing probably seen him have a good game on a MOTD highlights package 6 years ago.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

. It's high time we improved the first XI with genuine, quality, Premier League players.

I agree - so why the hell are we signing someone who's barely played in the last few seasons? 

This is a bad, bad idea. 

Welcome to Micah, another (possible) signing that has the fans divided before he kicks a ball for us.

I can't recall any signing on which everyone was united except perhaps Pires as I think everyone knew he would be shit.

Edit - I know Micah thought so ;)

Yeah I know and even if we were signing Messi someone would be unhappy......then again when it comes to the time that we could sign Messi I'd guess he'd be pushing 60 so he can do one far too old ;)

Oh great, another Man City reject that was never any good in the first place. Forgive me for the lack of celebration. 

The people on here who think he's a "great" signing probably seen him have a good game on a MOTD highlights package 6 years ago.

if anything..its probably you whos seen him have a bad game on MOTD 6 years ago and think hes bad because of it. Match of the day shows highlights...you wont be seeing highlights of a defender whos having a good game because it doesnt lead to anything highlight worthy....Good defenders are those who dont get noticed/mentioned in a game.

Dont know how anyone is saying hes going to be a great signing or a bad one. I imagine less than 5% of people on this forums have seen more than 20 games from him in recent times. Just errr...wait and see before going all over the top?

Edited by gharperr

I still don't get why people are so happy with this. He's not a good defender - doesn't have the brain for it. He's simply an athlete who looked very promising but never lived up to the hype. This is going to be a catastrophic waste of money IMO.

His hype was him being one of the best full backs in world football. Not living up to that is still more than enough for a club in our position as he enters his prime.

. It's high time we improved the first XI with genuine, quality, Premier League players.

I agree - so why the hell are we signing someone who's barely played in the last few seasons? 

This is a bad, bad idea. 

Too right....get to the back of the queue of all the other 'quality' Premier League players busting a gut to sign for us.

Er....

Is there anything certain about any signing ?

Paul Mcgrath was a Man U Reject.....and went on to probably play his best football with us.

Its anyones guess, but it could be a gamble worth taking..... we are not exactly the planets biggest attraction, we have much ground to make up and a few gambles might be right for the moment.

If an up and coming Ronaldo is the only thing to please.....theres going to be a few disappointed fans this summer.

Any up and coming stars are unlikely to join us.

Regarding the certainty, it's been reported by a number of sources that seem too many for it to just be a rumour. Apparently he'll have a medical when he's back off holiday next week.

Also, who's said that an up and coming Ronaldo is the only signing that will please people? I can't stand these ridiculous exaggerations of people's opinions and doubts. People have raised valid concerns mainly around his fitness, wages and his ability at centre back. No-one is suggesting we ONLY sign the next top players in the world, and you know it.

Man City fans will tell you he was one of their best players when they won there first league title in 44 years.

Half my family are City season ticket holders and my uncles words were "he was **** awesome and just needed to improve his positioning a bit more. Zabaleta came in and had that already so got picked ahead of him." He also said he thinks he always needed to believe in himself a bit more.

He's coming at a time where he's got something to prove. Show fans he has still got it and he's past injury problems.

We've seen Cleverley and Sinclair eventually shine under Sherwood.

I actually think Richards will flourish under Sherwoods management. At least confidence wise.

Can't wait to see him play for us.

I really don't think it's a bad signing for a club like us

He's had 1 bad injury. The rest were typical football injuries. He will be f in awesome for us. The fact he wants to play for us unlike tom & Ron is good as we're not seen as this massive club we think we are. The general image of villa is " I hope they getting f ing relegated their shit"

Just because fans of other teams mght not perceive us as a big club or hope that we get relegated, doesn't mean to say we should settle for crap players. Although I think in Richards' case he is a good player and will prove to be a good signing.

I give up. Who shall we sign, Varane? Pique? ... the guy is on a free, 26, pacey, powerful, and lacks some positional sense. Your telling me he is worse than, if not better than any of our centre backs / right backs? So negative. We are a club in limbo and just signed someone who is English, supposedly to be in the prime of his career, for free. Cheer up!

Â