Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He took less money than he could have somewhere else so clearly he's made this decision based on something other than money and chosen Villa. That can only be a good sign.

Can cover RB, both CB's and I think having a back 3 of            Richards - Okore - Clark           would be a massive step up.

He's got something to prove, and I'd imagine he will be challenging to get back into the England squad for the Euros. All round great signing.

Edited by dweldon1

I am not buying he is taking 20 grand less than by moving to Sunderland, Why would you if didn't have a connection to Villa? Neither the Inter link that sounds nonsense as well. But he must rate us to do better than Sunderland next season and most see something in Sherwood. I think he should be a great  signing.

Edited by The Fun Factory

He's an OK player, terrific athlete but not the best footballer, positionally he's poor but he's not 'terrible' on the ball. For us, he'd probably be a relatively solid player and probably better defensively than the current right backs at this club.

He's an OK player, terrific athlete but not the best footballer, positionally he's poor but he's not 'terrible' on the ball. For us, he'd probably be a relatively solid player and probably better defensively than the current right backs at this club.

We haven't signed him to be a right-back, thus the attempt to also sign Trippier. He has come to be a centre-back, a position in which he has never proven himself at.

Does anyone else get the feeling that people are just peddling what they've seen and heard from anyone else, rather actually forming their opinions on what they've seen themselves? Like the whole injury thing - Richards has had ONE big injury, and then was kept out by Zabaleta (who is a world class RB). I doubt many people have watched him at Fiorentina either. This is worth looking at - 

http://www.squawka.com/players/micah-richards/stats#performance-score#fiorentina#italian-serie-a#21#season-2014/2015#137#all-matches#1-38#cumulative

We haven't signed him to be a right-back, thus the attempt to also sign Trippier. He has come to be a centre-back, a position in which he has never proven himself at.

Well we don't really know either way which position he will play, as no comments from sherwood yet. The press are usually very good with villa links so the trippier link may be off.

There's no way Richards is coming to play as a cb in a 4-4-2. I think he will be a very good rb for us and probably would be decent in a back 3 but I have doubts that's what Sherwood will switch to.

I'm encouraged by the signing definitely if it comes off. 

This is more like the calibre of player needed if we are to have designs on the top half of the Premier League again. 

I don't think anyone can be too precious about the level of wages needed to entice players here this summer. It's just the way it is with the TV deals now. All clubs our size are going to have to do it. In fairness to Sherwood and Lambert as well, we've hung on in there with a declining wage bill for a couple of years. If we want the Sylla's and the Tonev's then it will continue that way, if we want the Richards' and the Trippier's you have to pay for them. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised he's not on more than £60k a week at City. I think we'd be paying him a fair wage for someone of his ability and stature. Ok there is a slight risk but it's less than what we were paying Bent and is up with what we must be paying Delph, Gabby and Benteke. We can afford this kind of wage now we have done all the hard work getting the finances right ready for the takeover.

Well we don't really know either way which position he will play, as no comments from sherwood yet. The press are usually very good with villa links so the trippier link may be off.

It's been reported by Percy and a few others so I'm inclined to believe it is legitimate.

I've taken some time to think about this and I can't really see any negatives provided he isn't on insane wages. He's a player who had massive potential and i'm sure with consistent first team football he can get somewhere near realising that.

There's no way Richards is coming to play as a cb in a 4-4-2. I think he will be a very good rb for us and probably would be decent in a back 3 but I have doubts that's what Sherwood will switch to.

Even if it's true about being after Trippier?

While he looks a pretty decent right back, I'm not sure he has that extra attacking intent ideally needed for a RWB (not seen loads of him to be fair)

While I mentioned earlier in the thread Richards should never have tried for CB so early in his career while he was being very effective for club and country at RB, going purely by speculation it looks like CB is possible and also not with a back 3.

Â