Micah Richards

Demitri_C

There's no way Richards is coming to play as a cb in a 4-4-2. I think he will be a very good rb for us and probably would be decent in a back 3 but I have doubts that's what Sherwood will switch to.

Even if it's true about being after Trippier?

While he looks a pretty decent right back, I'm not sure he has that extra attacking intent ideally needed for a RWB (not seen loads of him to be fair)

While I mentioned earlier in the thread Richards should never have tried for CB so early in his career while he was being very effective for club and country at RB, going purely by speculation it looks like CB is possible and also not with a back 3.

I've not seen a lot of Trippier but I did see him in the final home game of the season live, and he certainly looked very good going forward, on that day, his distribution was absolutely excellent and he offered a good option on the overlap down the right hand side. Defensively he looked pretty composed too. But that was only one game.

Richards doesn't offer that sort of distribution or quality on the ball. He will bomb forward but won't give you that end product. At centre half, well, he doesn't have the height or positional sense to play there. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He wouldn't look out of place at say Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea who are all ahead of us and in some cases way ahead of us. If we are to get ourselves back up amongst the top 6-10 places then we are obviously going to have to sign better quality players, players that can hold their own at that level.

Richards for me comfortably falls into that bracket. He may well not be good enough for a top 4 side, although at City he never looked out of place and a liability, but he is comfortably good enough to help us hopefully kick on.

I have no problem with the wages we will be paying him. Albrighton is apparently on around 40k a week at Leicester. He was never worth that but on a free transfer his wages were therefore inflated. As soon as Richards signs he becomes a 4-6 mill asset. Given that we are paying nothing for him then 60k a week with no fee still seems a decent bit of business.

I hope he signs. He will immediately improve us and overall it to me sends out a message that we are looking to sign players a level above what we have seen for sometime. Much like the signing of Sinclair it is a step in the right direction and the right direction is one we haven't been going in for some considerable time.

If Ricco can be a comfortable mid table prem player for us, that would be progress for this side & and he could do better.

There's no way Richards is coming to play as a cb in a 4-4-2. I think he will be a very good rb for us and probably would be decent in a back 3 but I have doubts that's what Sherwood will switch to.

He'd be quality defending set pieces he's a tank. Maybe even as part of our own set piece plays.

While he looks a pretty decent right back, I'm not sure he has that extra attacking intent ideally needed for a RWB (not seen loads of him to be fair)

While I mentioned earlier in the thread Richards should never have tried for CB so early in his career while he was being very effective for club and country at RB, going purely by speculation it looks like CB is possible and also not with a back 3.

I've not seen a lot of Trippier but I did see him in the final home game of the season live, and he certainly looked very good going forward, on that day, his distribution was absolutely excellent and he offered a good option on the overlap down the right hand side. Defensively he looked pretty composed too. But that was only one game.

Richards doesn't offer that sort of distribution or quality on the ball. He will bomb forward but won't give you that end product. At centre half, well, he doesn't have the height or positional sense to play there. 

isn't he 6ft?

I thought he was brilliant at centre back when he was 17, was a joy to watch him, so dominant in the air

He wouldn't look out of place at say Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea who are all ahead of us and in some cases way ahead of us. If we are to get ourselves back up amongst the top 6-10 places then we are obviously going to have to sign better quality players, players that can hold their own at that level.

Richards for me comfortably falls into that bracket. He may well not be good enough for a top 4 side, although at City he never looked out of place and a liability, but he is comfortably good enough to help us hopefully kick on.

I have no problem with the wages we will be paying him. Albrighton is apparently on around 40k a week at Leicester. He was never worth that but on a free transfer his wages were therefore inflated. As soon as Richards signs he becomes a 4-6 mill asset. Given that we are paying nothing for him then 60k a week with no fee still seems a decent bit of business.

I hope he signs. He will immediately improve us and overall it to me sends out a message that we are looking to sign players a level above what we have seen for sometime. Much like the signing of Sinclair it is a step in the right direction and the right direction is one we haven't been going in for some considerable time.

If Ricco can be a comfortable mid table prem player for us, that would be progress for this side & and he could do better.

26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif

Can someone please confirm his age ?

I have checked the last 6 pages but have found no conformation??

probably a lot of sarcasm there

but just in case he's 26 but turns 27 on June 23rd

he's 5ft 11

for some reason even though he cost Fiorentina a lot to loan him, he played only 10 games, doesn't sound like it was down to injury

Found this old article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2936575/Micah-Richards-Fiorentina-hell-coming-end-Inter-Milan-close.html

Micah Richards' Fiorentina hell coming to an end with Inter Milan move close

By CHRIS WHEELER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:43, 2 February 2015 UPDATED: 16:27, 2 February 2015

Manchester City defender Micah Richards is set to swap Italian clubs and rejoin his old manager Roberto Mancini at Inter Milan after a frustrating loan spell at Fiorentina. 
Richards ended his 12-year stay at City when he moved to Serie A last summer.
That was a season-long loan that cost the Florence-based club £3.5million, rising to £4.7m if the deal was made permanent.
+2

The defender is wanted by former manager Roberto Mancini, who's now boss at Inter Milan

But Richards has played just five league games for Fiorentina, where he has failed to exert himself on the first team. 

Mancini preferred Pablo Zabaleta to Richards at right back while manager at the Etihad Stadium, but needs reinforcements at the San Siro. 

Inter were humiliated at Sassuolo at the weekend, with players involved in an angry fracas with away fans at the full-time whistle.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2936575/Micah-Richards-Fiorentina-hell-coming-end-Inter-Milan-close.html#ixzz3cyse061T 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by VillanousOne

Â