Micah Richards

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think redemption is the issue here - for some of our players, it most definitely is, the important bit was the schism, the way that they separated themselves from us and the way the whole club suffered as a result of players behaviours and attitude - there was some of that from Micah Richards, but not so much that he couldn't win it back.

The real issue with him is that last season proved beyond any doubt that his positional sense, his workrate and his defensive qualities mean that he's just not good enough to be playing Premier league football. If we'd dropped him earlier we'd have had a better chance of selling him; he looks like a Premier League footballer, like that's what he should be, he certainly had me fooled at the start of the season, it's only when he's playing games that you notice that he's not - if we'd stopped playing him at Christmas, then I'm sure there would be clubs who'd have forgotten that by now.

As it is, I think we might struggle to get rid of him and he might struggle to get a move - the only thing that gives me some hope that he will is that he's clearly got a very, very good agent - he's a walking advert for the money you can earn from a good agent and a decent physique - I hope he gets to prove that again this summer.

Spot on OBE. I thought he looked great at the start of the season, only being unlucky with goals like the Man U one. 

"Oooh unlucky Micah. you went in early, slipped and they scored."

"Oooh unlucky again Micah. Should have buried that header. You'll get a few this season though"

Soon you realise that luck had very little to do with it. Committing to a tackle early can always leave you exposed if the player has a trick in him. Not following a runner is not unlucky either, but having said that it must be harder when the defensive unit is a shambles. "I wonder if Joleon is coming over to cover or not....oh no, they've scored" must have gone through his head a few times.

As it happens, I won't be too unhappy if he stays. He's got the physicality to cope in the Championship. The opposition will be less able to sit him on his arse in every game too. Some novice attackers may be a little intimidated by the fact he's Micah Richards, which will still be a big(ish) name for the second tier.

If the new manager wants to keep him in isolation then I'm okay with it. If he's kept along with Lescott and Gabby then I'll be furious.

Having Micah in the team will always mean you have an unorganized defense as he plays on his own instead of as one in a defense unit.

You can never depend on him being in the right place or on him tracking back after making a forward run.

Still, I'm almost certain some PL club will come in for him in the summer. 

No doubt his agent is working hard to get a move asap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

at the time he was a bit of a coup and he tried until Tim was sacked. after that he didnt care and was a liability

did like his celebration vs Watford though :P

He was a liability before Tim was sacked too.  

• Like 1

He wasn't even good when Tim was here... The Red Sea parting for the Arnautovic goal in the first Stoke game, and him jogging back from halfway for the Walcott goal in the first Arsenal game tells you all you need to know about his contribution this season.

16 minutes ago, mwj said:

He wasn't even good when Tim was here... The Red Sea parting for the Arnautovic goal in the first Stoke game, and him jogging back from halfway for the Walcott goal in the first Arsenal game tells you all you need to know about his contribution this season.

And on both occasions, the goals were followed by looks from Richards of bewidlerment and who to blame!

Shocking defender and professional.

Can't stand him and want him gone ASAP. Saying that though if we can't sell him or whomever the manager is, deems him vital to our promotion bid I'll begrudgingly wipe the slate clean and get right behind him (well at least till Xmas). The atmosphere (rightly so at times) has been so toxic at Villa Park, the club need the fans to be 100% behind the team. IMO this is year zero and start hopefully of a new era. Still thinks he shit though 

He needs to go and as a few have said I suspect his agent is working very hard to find another club to mug for his services. The only problem I can see is any club that does look closely at him with notice two things: he is not a CB and his attitude is appalling both of which contributed to our relegation the season. I just hope we don't get stuck with him.

For me he is on the must go list along with Gabby, Lescott and Guzan. Thankfully we are already waving goodbye to CNZ and Richardson so hopefully that is six salaries off our payroll, three of which will be biggies.

He goes missing even more at RB than at CB.

From his performances it's clear he doesn't want to be at the club full stop.

When he was benched by Black, there were no signs of him trying to force his way back into the starting XI or attempts to rally the players (considering he was club captain...)

His ego will not allow him to play in the Championship next season - some other shmucks can take him off our hands and we can put this down as a poor acquisition (regardless of him being on a free!)

See there are a lot of players in our side from last season that will probably roll the Championship with ease. That said I'm still not sure he deserves to play another season for us.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

See there are a lot of players in our side from last season that will probably roll the Championship with ease. That said I'm still not sure he deserves to play another season for us.

There's a lot of players in our side from last season that should've performed better and could've stayed in the Premier League with ease. Sadly their shitty attitudes and thirst for money put paid to that....

Does no-one think he can still do a job at RB?

He'll be better suited to playing there plus a year in the Championship against 'lesser' opposition, and a pre-season injury free might do his fitness/confidence some good?

No

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

He'll be better suited to playing there plus a year in the Championship against 'lesser' opposition, and a pre-season injury free might do his fitness/confidence some good?

Did he have any fitness/injury problems last season? I don't recall any.

In terms of right back, I'm not sure about him doing a job, I suspect that his lack of positional sense would be a little less of a problem there but Hutton is a much better right back and Richards is way too expensive to be our back up.

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

He has to go for sure. He was captain at the beggining of the season as well it won't bode well having him around with new players coming in.

For me the ones who absolutely have to go are:

Gabby

Lescott 

Richards

Bakuna 

Richardson

Nzog 

Guzan

I'd add Okore to that. I know there is some talent in him, but refusing to sit on the bench is too much for me. 

Of all the players at the club Richards is the one I will be most pissed over, if he starts next season. 

It was not only his lack of quality and inability to read a game. But that combined with a terrible lackadaisical attitude on the pitch, and a poor one off of it. Whilst at the same time he was made our captain. Utter sham. 

Â