Micah Richards

Demitri_C

One of his biggest problem is that he seem to think he is much better than he actually is, and that he acts like he's been given the mandate to roam around as he pleases.

Risk is this will be even worse in the Championship as he probably thinks he's too good to play there.

As for him playing in midfield I think this is a horrible idea destined to fail because just like in defense he will never be where he is supposed to be.

One of those who has to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1958Villan said:

I think Micah Richards has all of the physical attributes to make a really good centre back.

What he lacks is knowledge of how to play the position and, more importantly, he lacks a degree of self-control.

By that I mean he still has the mindset of a marauding right wing-back.

That could be utilised more effectively by converting him, for the short term, into a box-to-box midfielder. Then into a holding midfielder before finally converting him to centre back.

that was exactly the same when he was a prospect at city, 18 years old a great prospect playing weekly for city, flirting with the england team, all the journalists, all the pundits were all saying exactly what you're saying, he had great physical attributes but poor positional sense and he just needed a bit of coaching

9 years later and he's learned absolutely **** all

he's not going to change now

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I agree, im not convinced by the notion that these guys who didn't give a shit in the prem and massively underperfromed (under 3 managers) will now be fine in the championship on lower wages because we have a different owner and manager 

Not necessarily against RDM wanting to do a camp and see for himself but I I'd rather we got shot

Very much this. If they do not get rid of the players who were the problem last season, I would be worried that they would hinder us again this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I agree, im not convinced by the notion that these guys who didn't give a shit in the prem and massively underperfromed (under 3 managers) will now be fine in the championship on lower wages because we have a different owner and manager 

Not necessarily against RDM wanting to do a camp and see for himself but I I'd rather he got shot

fixed ;-)

the people on here still saying that he will be of use in the championship, have you lot sobered up yet?

hes crap at right back, hes crap at centre back and he will be even more crap in any other position.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yet another thread with people saying Player X will be fine in the Championship.

There are going to be a lot of shocked people on discovering the standard in the Championship, certainly the standard required for promotion.   Teams that get promoted from it usually perform better in the Premier League than we have for the last few years.

The guys who were u/s last year will, even with (an unlikely) character/attitude transplant, still fail this year (and for me Richards was definitely u/s  last year).

Are we pretending like promoted teams don't buy Premier League standard players to supplement their squads after promotion. For the sake of the argument?

I'm massively torn on Micah.

The best game he had for us last season was against blues in the cup where he was a beast and didn't give Clayton Donaldson an inch all night.  Now i'm under no disillusions,  all they did was lump long balls up the pitch so it played to Micah's strengths in that it just became a physical battle, BUT if we sign/keep a good number of quality players, I think we'll force the majority of teams the resort to this type of football, so i think he'll have his uses in the Championship.  

Half of me says ship him out with his buzzy mates Gabby and Joleon.  Then the other half of me says, keep hold of him and stick him in a group of more professional players like Elphick (and hopefully more of his ilk) and i think we'd see a different player, albeit one which we'd need to utilise in the right positions/situations.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Yet another thread with people saying Player X will be fine in the Championship.

There are going to be a lot of shocked people on discovering the standard in the Championship, certainly the standard required for promotion.   Teams that get promoted from it usually perform better in the Premier League than we have for the last few years.

The guys who were u/s last year will, even with (an unlikely) character/attitude transplant, still fail this year (and for me Richards was definitely u/s  last year).

Yes this. We would be in mid table obscurity with last seasons squad. No doubt about it from me.

• Like 2

Get rid, and quickly too. This boy is delusional:

had massive promise about 9 years ago (or something like that), but is some monied billy big boots who is just not good enough at PL level, and his attitude poisons him, so will be unable to contribute at CL. 

Please sell

4 hours ago, AndyBM said:

the people on here still saying that he will be of use in the championship, have you lot sobered up yet?

hes crap at right back, hes crap at centre back and he will be even more crap in any other position.

I imagine he might ok at pushing the cars that get stuck in the snow at Villa Park! 

As long as he had snow shoes on and didn't fall over!

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I imagine he might ok at pushing the cars that get stuck in the snow at Villa Park! 

As long as he had snow shoes on and didn't fall over!

run out of likes but lol.

He is utter crap , the video of his half hearted warm up at Arsenal shows what he thinks of this club & needs getting rid of as soon as we find some idiots to take him off our hands. Box to box midfielder ha ha . Didn't he say he cannot play RB anymore as his body wont take it so yes a box to box midfielder is a brilliant idea.  Just feck off Micah .

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I'm convinced a lot of these posters didn't bother watching us last season, either that or they are suffering from amnesia. 

• Like 3

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 03:46, TreeVillan said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the attention span of a donkey?

Thorough scientific research has shown that the attention span of a donkey is hey, that dog has a fluffy tail!

Â