Micah Richards

Demitri_C

We have a top notch fitness coach now If he got hold of Richards and slimmed him down and got him fully fit he'd be a cracking right back still. I think all that time injured bulked him way too much and he lost his stamina. He is still young. Has he the desire? Will he sulk if he can't play centre half? Either way for me he either become a fully fit athletic right back or we get £5m to get someone who will. 

He'd also need a mental coach to get him to see his limitations and tell him that the other 9 people on the pitch wearing the same clothes as him is there to help him and vice versa.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dn1982 said:

We have a top notch fitness coach now If he got hold of Richards and slimmed him down and got him fully fit he'd be a cracking right back still. I think all that time injured bulked him way too much and he lost his stamina. 

I can't agree with this mate. Fitness/stamina isn't a problem, Micah is an outstanding althelte. The problem is, and has always been, that he is positionally atrocious, he doesn't have the brain or the discipline to play in a defensive unit. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can't agree with this mate. Fitness/stamina isn't a problem, Micah is an outstanding althelte. The problem is, and has always been, that he is positionally atrocious, he doesn't have the brain or the discipline to play in a defensive unit. 

...or the attitude and application.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

He isn't athletic at all he's just muscles. Gabby is the same it doesn't help in a high aerobic sport. He wants to play CB so he can have a breather as he cant get up and down like before. If he wants to stay it'll only be as a RB as you're right positionally he is awful at CB but I think he can still be a very good RB. Play him RB with Elphick talking to him and keeping him in position and he'll be fine.  

Clocked that he retweeted a bit of a light-hearted dig from a fan yesterday.

Acknowledging the 'footballers are people too' viewpoint, but the season hasn't even started yet. Too much baggage IMO, should be moved on ASAP.

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Thing i don't like about these games against piss poor amateur sides, Richards scores to put us one up and RDM might be thinking yeah I'll give him a chance. He was woeful last year.

I don't think RDM is dumb enough to treat this as anything other than a training exercise.

It's a fresh start for everyone this season. Richards can be a good player and has been a good player previously. Thwre were a lot of problems at the club at every level in the past few years. Maybe we should give the new regime a chance before we start with the constant slagging off and abuse of players and see how they perform under RDM first? If the likes of Richards, Lescott, Bacuna, Sinclair and Gabby etc perform under him then maybe we should just let them all get on with it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can we not just release him?

No, you can't just terminate contracts.

We could just pay his contract off but makes more sense to try and sell him or find someone to take him which is what I suspect we are doing.

Â