Micah Richards

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we pretending like promoted teams don't buy Premier League standard players to supplement their squads after promotion. For the sake of the argument?

Why the tone ? 

No I'm not 'pretending' anything, what a silly suggestion.  And I'm not having an argument.

I think my point was clear enough, perhaps I should put it another way - we would, (and have,in Cups) struggled against decent Championship sides with last years appalling players.  They wont 'do a job' now.

Edited by terrytini

I agree that most of players would have struggled against any side in the league the way they played.

so in theory that doesn't mean 'would do a job in the championship' probably because the championship is at a higher standard than some probably think.

BUT... I do think some of the players who were appalling last season MIGHT and it's a huge gamble to suggest this, MIGHT do better under decent management with better/more focused and driven players around them.

I think the bottom line is, we can't rely on them or have any expectations that awful players like Micah will do anything different this season, we just have to hope and wait and see. We need a new backbone to the squad and that shouldn't rely/be dependent on any of the players who played last season.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

On 26.6.2016 at 05:31, HanoiVillan said:

The issue with Richards is not just that he was shit for most of the season and had an attitude problem towards the end of it (at which point he couldn't get into the worst defence in the league), it's that he did such a poor job as captain that we've had to go out and buy a guy specifically to be captain instead of him. 

I'm old fashioned, and as such I think captains get extra glory when things go well but take extra responsibility when things go badly. They couldn't have gone much worse last season, so I hold Richards heavily to account for that. It shouldn't have been possible to drop him, he should have been indispensable. That he wasn't, at all, is quite quite damning for me. 

EDIT: Just to add to this, not only has Elphick been bought as a replacement captain, but he plays in exactly the same position as Richards (right-sided centre back) so presumably RDM has already decided Richards is surplus to requirements. I bet Richards earns way too much to sit on the bench in the Championship each week, even after a wage reduction. 

Edit: same position Richards thinks he should play (right-sided centre back)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2016 at 19:58, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we pretending like promoted teams don't buy Premier League standard players to supplement their squads after promotion. For the sake of the argument?

A fair point, except none of these players are premier league standard. 

On 27 June 2016 at 09:20, Demitri_C said:

maybe richards will be used as rb next season if he stays. doesnt okore play rcb as well?

Hopefully Left Back… 

In the changing room!

• Like 1

Â