Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

if we had to get rid of one lescott or richards and keep one which one would you go for?

That's like asking whether you'd prefer to be kicked or punched. 

It's a tough choice, I want both replaced. But if I had to decide I'd probably keep... Richards, as a right back but not first choice. 

I

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It's a tough choice, I want both replaced. But if I had to decide I'd probably keep... Richards, as a right back but not first choice. 

I agree that both need replacing asap, but I think of the two I would be willing to keep for another season it would be Lescott. Simply because, even at RB Richards lack of positional awareness just destabilises the entire back four. I wouldn't keep Lescott as first choice either, but I think Lescott would be a useful squad CB, filling in for games throughout the season and covering suspensions, injuries and allowing squad rotation if needed. Then next year his contract expires, and we replace with better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd keep JL. Richards whilst being better physically, cannot play as part of a unit so makes the defence weaker. JL despite being slower and still poor does have a rough idea of how to fulfil a role so is to my mind less of a risk in defence. I don't want either at the club though even as back up.

4 hours ago, Straggler said:

I'd keep JL. Richards whilst being better physically, cannot play as part of a unit so makes the defence weaker. JL despite being slower and still poor does have a rough idea of how to fulfil a role so is to my mind less of a risk in defence. I don't want either at the club though even as back up.

It's the "which turd smells the least bad " argument.

I still think Micah Richards has the physical attributes to make a centre-back, after about a years intensive training in the psychology of the job.

That training would best be done at a club with a large squad, something the size of Chelsea's. We just don't have the size of squad or resources to spend training one player.

Come on Sunderland, you have copied every mistake we have made these last 5 years, I fully expect you to sign Micah and play him at CB and then get relegated. This is so going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Come on Sunderland, you have copied every mistake we have made these last 5 years, I fully expect you to sign Micah and play him at CB and then get relegated. This is so going to happen.

one can only hope..

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

God can't believe no ones consider taking this lump off us yet

Oh i can believe. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

God can't believe no ones consider taking this lump off us yet

its really not that hard to believe. clubs wouldnt take him on a free if we offered

On Friday, July 01, 2016 at 19:06, Kingman said:

Back in Training today! 

Richards would have gave up after the first mis kick, flapped his arms, scowled, blamed someone else and then sulked for the rest of the game.

This kid had heart.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 16:27, Jareth said:

Come on Sunderland, you have copied every mistake we have made these last 5 years,

Aside from the one where they stayed up and we got relegated you mean?

Physical attributes will only get you so far. He has almost no positional sense and has a worrying lack of anticipation. 

He makes James Collins look like a good reader of the game.

saying that, I think he can do a job in the championship, hopefully have a decent season and then be binned off to the first bidder. 

Â