Micah Richards

Demitri_C

no player that this club has ever signed deserved to be on £60k a week, maybe if we was in europe every season but we havent been for years, £30k pw should be the cap, and even thats too much.

this fool is hopeless at centre back and can no longer play right back, we have no use for him except to clean the youth teams boots.

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is on 60, and I am sure there is a clause in his contract that reduces that. We need a right back. Hutton can't be our only right back going into next season. Who can we possibly sign? 

lol £60k is massive and I doubt the clause will be that significant. Lets say he drops to £40k, that's far too much for a Championship level centre half or right back. Richards has been shite at right back whenever he has played for us as well.

I think you're over thinking this. Right back is a relatively non-essential position. We just need someone to come in and do a job for about £20k a week. Let's be honest, Matty **** Lowton is one of the best right backs in that league. So it's hardly unrealistic to think we could pick someone up for a couple of million to do a decent, solid job in that position.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our second worst centre half of all time, second only to scar face.

I'd actually swap them round and say Richards has been worse but thats a moot point. Certainly the worst pairing i can think of, which is quite an achievement when you think about it given that very recent history gave us Baker & Clark. 

Edited by av1

Our second worst centre half of all time, second only to scar face.

Nah Richards is the worst, I've at least seen Lescott put in a couple of decent performances. Can't say the same about richards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

lol £60k is massive and I doubt the clause will be that significant. Lets say he drops to £40k, that's far too much for a Championship level centre half or right back. Richards has been shite at right back whenever he has played for us as well.

I think you're over thinking this. Right back is a relatively non-essential position. We just need someone to come in and do a job for about £20k a week. Let's be honest, Matty **** Lowton is one of the best right backs in that league. So it's hardly unrealistic to think we could pick someone up for a couple of million to do a decent, solid job in that position.

Agree with your conclusion but not your reasoning. 

Right back is a vital position. Full backs cover more ground than any other position (as an average, across the league) and our lack of decent wingers means our full backs provide most of our pitiful 'width' as well. Full back used to be a position you could 'hide' a bad player to some extent, but I think that ended around a decade ago. 

However, this means it's even more important than ever that we don't go into next season with an overpaid, overweight waste-man on £30-40k/week. Richards should be removed as a matter of urgency. 

9 minutes ago, largelugs said:

2nd goal

Everything that sums up Richards.

Jogs back when there is a real danger

No awareness of an opposition runner until it is too late.

Sulks and waves his hands

Spot on. He let Tadic just run past him while he knew Lescott was in trouble with Long.

What a complete idiot.

He's a great athlete - but, he's not agile enough or able to cross well enough to play full back and he's positionally the worst centre back I've ever seen - a fault that's only highlighted by his complete disinterest in getting back into position whenever he's out of it. I'm not sure what his best position is - I'm damn sure it's not with us.

• Like 4

His manner of moving his body from the centre circle towards his own box for their second goal is pretty humourous. I've seen people with Parkinsons get going more quickly. It's like it's the end of a five a side game between some guys who haven't run since that time the previous year. The hour is winding to a close and they're all wondering where they'll go after for a feed of pints. Ball punted down the pitch. Everyone else lumbers after the two runners, anticipating the ball being cleared for a potential counter attack up their end of the pitch, 

It's lot even a jog. It's a lumber. He is lumbering back. Obviously not long after the camera moves off him, Tadic speeds past and at that point he figures he'd better try to gain some momentum. Far too late. Pathetic. What an awful player. And it's not as if it was late in the game either.

People say about these players that occasionally they'll be seen to be making an effort. Maybe towards the end of the game, or near the start. They'll say that there are signs that they are trying. But it's not on the pitch that they should be trying; it's at training. And if Richards can't be arsed to get back to help out his defence at minute 39, you can imagine the sort of effort he has been putting in in training. And the same goes for the rest of them. While other teams are giving it their all in training, knowing it's all about that inch etc, Villa players are competing with each other as to who can be the second worst trainer. 'As long as I'm not as bad as Gabby that'll do me fine'

You could tell from his pitiful, half arsed, lazy, insipid warm up that he was going to have a terrible game, along with a couple of others.

Honestly, if I had footage to share, I would- it was absolutely disgraceful, and considering it looks like Duverne has been given his marching orders too it's clear they're bowing to player power.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mwj said:

Rio's just around the corner, maybe he should take up javelin or something. Probably about his intelligence level

I didn't realise that the Special Olympics were being held in Rio...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â