Micah Richards

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

So has he actually been released or is it just speculation?

Releasing him without some deal makes no sense to him. If the management agrees  with him some sort of wage cut but he instead receive lump sum after leaving then maybe he will. 

Edited by Alakagom

The guy has still got 40-60 years of life on this planet, why would he give up £2m just to walk away a year sooner than expected. 

He will just be like the rest of us when his football career is over, ask yourselves would you give up £2m that you are contractually obliged to earn just to be nice to your employer?

The question here I think is, does micah want to play football again else where, or does he just want to sit around not doing anything till his contract is up?? . Micah could take what the club offers him and move on and try to revive there career else where, whether he can or not is down to him.

To me the wise move would be to move on soon as possible for his career sake. If something is offered to him regardless of what contract he is under, moving on and potentially playing football again should be way more important than sitting tight and waiting for every penny to come his way from his villa contract.

The longer Micah sits about not doing anything, will be the less likely any club will pick him again, to me that would be what I would most want to change from this situation.

I find it odd that no loan move has happened. Even if Villa picked up 85% of his wages and he went on loan somewhere, its still better for Villa financially and far better for Richards to be playing and have an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for when his contract expires. 

As Dave-R says, the longer he doesn't player, the less chance he has of finding a club after he leaves here. Unless Richards has already decided his career is over and he's just going to collect his wages until next summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I find it odd that no loan move has happened. Even if Villa picked up 85% of his wages and he went on loan somewhere, its still better for Villa financially and far better for Richards to be playing and have an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for when his contract expires. 

As Dave-R says, the longer he doesn't player, the less chance he has of finding a club after he leaves here. Unless Richards has already decided his career is over and he's just going to collect his wages until next summer. 

This. I doubt he will be able to play at a decent level again. 

Anyway I thought the club had paid him off? 

I would be very surprised if Micah ever played again at any level - from the various articles apparently his knees are shot and if he plays one game then it takes the best part of a month for them to recover (!) I can't understand how we haven't called in the insurance if that is the case - he is finished as a footballer someone who can run jog round the pitch for 90 minutes

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I had just popped in to see the same thing funny enough.

I think the club are hanging on until close to the end of the window before they cancel his contract.

Just as long as they do I’ll be happy. Charlatan!

I still struggle to understand why we decided to take a punt on a player who clearly had fitness issues before we signed him. The fact that he has played 3 games in 2 years makes it even more of a frustration. I just can't see him leaving unless we pay off his contract in full as he knows his legs are shot to shit. 

I guess the only benefit to doing that for the rest of the team would be from a morale perspective, as I'm sure it gets frustrating when someone gets paid loads more than you for doing **** all.

The only other thing I can think is if he fancies moving in to coaching and we can get him working his way through his badges here. Might have something to offer as a youth coach.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:51, NurembergVillan said:

Wonder if he'd be up for playing in nets?

Wouldn't have to run about much, and can't be any worse than what we've got.

He went for a lot of walks when playing in defence. I dread see what happens when gets in goal :P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â