Micah Richards

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How would this help us?

Surely in the eyes of FFP, even if we pay him off then the loss will still contribute to FFP anyway? 

It may be that we can negotiate a lesser amount to pay off the remainder of his contract, which would require Richards to be kind and accept out of the goodness of his heart, or for Richards to have something else lined up who he could sign for if he was a free agent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How would this help us?

Surely in the eyes of FFP, even if we pay him off then the loss will still contribute to FFP anyway? 

I think it may help us over the long term.

We also appear to be signing a few players - also while under FFP.

One can only assume Nas & Wes appear to have got this all under control.  :thumb:

• Like 2

**** em, Let them rot on the bottom training pitches. 

Send them in to train after 14.00pm on their own and away from everybody else. 

Paying them up is exactly what they would love, Offer them 40/50% of remaining contract value or let them rot. 

.....hopefully! lol :D

This Aston Villa saga could be about to end - hopefully

AVFC have been exploring ways to get McCormack and Richards off the books

Ross McCormack and Micah Richards could be released by Aston Villa, according to reports. The Mirror reports that manager Steve Bruce has asked Villa's new owners to explore the possibility of releasing McCormack and Richards from their contracts. Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens bought a majority stake in Villa in July and Bruce hopes they can resolve the futures of the club's unwanted players.

McCormack, 31, hasn’t played a Championship match for Villa since the 1-0 defeat to Wolves on January 14, 2017. Bruce has previously tried to reintegrate McCormack into his squad following their infamous bust-up 18 months ago with the Scot given a chance to impress prior to the beginning of last season. However, Bruce decided last summer that McCormack has no future at Villa Park and packed the striker off to Australia for a loan stint with A-League outfit Melbourne City. He made a couple of cameos off the bench in the Carabao Cup last season as Bruce rested his first XI but hasn't been given any further opportunites.

Those charged with balancing the books at B6 have been exploring ways to get McCormack off the books. The striker has two years remaining on the lucrative four-year deal he signed at Villa.

Richards, 30, last made a competitive appearance for Villa in October 2016 and is contracted to the club until the summer of 2019. The defender has only ever played once under Bruce because of persistent knee problems - and that was the manager's first game in charge, the 1-1 draw against Wolves in October 2016. Richards is one of the club's highest earners after arriving to captain the side in the disastrous 2015/16 Premier League campaign. He was included in Villa’s squad for last season's September’s 2-0 Carabao Cup defeat to Middlesbrough and that remains supporters’ only sighting of him for some time. In the final year of his contract, Richards has become a peripheral figure at Bodymoor Heath. Both players were omitted from this season's squad list.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-saga-could-end-15021513

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1

Could we hire them as "Consultants" into one of our owners companies in exchange for quitting Villa on favorable terms?  They earn the same amount , but the club don't have the liability anymore....?

I have no idea, I'm a tech guy not a contract lawyer and ffp is one of those issues I just can't get interested in the minutia of.

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Would not be surprised if McCormack is picked up by a Championship team and he will typically start to find form again. Can't believe how much money we've wasted on this guy.

I know, it’s criminal. Although I still maintain that I wanted him here and I was really pleased when we signed him... I thought he would bang 20+ goals in for us.

edit: whoops wrong thread!

Edited by alreadyexists

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would not be surprised if McCormack is picked up by a Championship team and he will typically start to find form again. Can't believe how much money we've wasted on this guy.

Unless his personal problems are directly related to being at Villa (which I do not believe they are), then I'd suggest it's unlikely he'll rock up somewhere else and start banging them in. 

I'd say it's more likely that hell never play professionally again, if rumours are to be believed. 

Complete supposition, but given that our FFP worries seem to be sort of behind us, I wonder if we have said to the EFL that Nas & Wes can cover paying them both off as they will never play for us again for mental/injury reasons and they are letting that go through as an exceptional payment.  Don't know if that is allowed, but there is something in the rules about showing that you have a plan to bring things under control IIRC.

Â