Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 22/09/2018 at 11:29, Harry said:

I don’t know whether he is injured or even fit but if we are seriously contemplating signing an unfit and probably over the hill James Collins who seemingly was a decisive influence on the dressing room why not look st Richards? Can he be any worse?

i have my suit of armour on ready for the replies!

Sorry, but have you ever seen Micah Richards play?

"Can he be any worse?"

Yes. Yes he can.

• Haha 3

He has to be  a good solid top 5 worst signings ever for Villa, mostly for the fact that we gave him a  4 year large contract when he was already injury prone and past it when we signed him.

I will admit at the time I thought he would be a decent signing- which shows that I know very little about football.

I can't see him playing for another club after us- why bother when you have made millions by not even playing for 2 years?

Edited by The Fun Factory

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I was going to make a joke following the McCormack thread along the lines of "has Micah been out the team so long he is suddenly a good player again and should be given a chance."

Good old VT.

On 13/09/2018 at 10:10, Stevo985 said:

He's basically another Micah Richards. Yet for some reason Ross isn't as vilified as Micah. I'm not sure why. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Bruce gets blamed for Micah Richards too.

It's happening...

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has to be  a good solid top 5 worst signings ever for Villa, mostly for the fact that we gave him a  4 year large contract when he was already injury prone and past it when we signed him.

I will admit at the time I thought he would be a decent signing- which shows that I know very little about football.

I can't see him playing for another club after us- why bother when you have made millions by not even playing for 2 years?

He was captain. 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Easily. Costthe  club more long term than Balaban and offered less than Nzogbia and Heskey

Habib Beye be closest challenger though McCormack and Lansbury not far behind

• 4 weeks later...

I see a lot of stories in the media are focusing on old Micah again. DS saying he is training with the team but "some way off" playing. 

In retrospect, we should have known SB was going to be a disaster when he started him in his first game and then never played him again. 

I obviously don't know all the pro's and con's of this case.....but it absolutely amazes me how this has been allowed to manifest itself.

It perfectly illustrates the incompetence of the past rheumatic recruitment policies and the lack of due diligence employed in signing players.

The business of....." just throw names at it" has left us in the demise that we are now trying to rid ourselves of.

• Like 2

It is rather an odd situation, if his knee(s) are as shot as have been made out surely there must be a mechanism whereby we can terminate his contract on medical grounds as he isn’t able to carry out the job he is contracted to do .... ? Can a player be forced to retire even ? Or is it that Bruce decided he wasn’t fit enough even though medical advice said  otherwise and with careful handling and management he should be able to at least contribute something but he chose not to.... meaning Richards could be an asset of sorts when potentially fit but we don’t know as he hasn’t been used for two whole seasons .... baffling ! 

Â