Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 05/09/2018 at 04:55, thabucks said:

Surely worth a shot over Jedinak ?

Richards was never a CB until he joined us and I maintain he's still not a CB. Also Jedinak not at fault for any goal except back pass against Wigan but popular trope to blame him for all our defensive problems

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think anyone's blaming Jedinak for all our defensive problems, but he's clearly not a centre back. You're right though, neither is Micah Richards - in fact he's barely even a footballer. When he has played at centre back, he's been beyond woeful.

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Richards was never a CB until he joined us and I maintain he's still not a CB. Also Jedinak not at fault for any goal except back pass against Wigan but popular trope to blame him for all our defensive problems

I agree that he shouldn’t be given even a sniff of a squad place, but I think he was a CB at Man City before they signed Zabaletta and then Zab started at CB and Micah got pushed wide.

He’s utter rubbish though, with no work ethic, and a terrible habit of blaming anyone but himself. I hope we never see him again.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

On 07/09/2018 at 23:21, Lichfield Dean said:

Apparently he is playing in the Milner v Petrov charity game. Worst of it is, Milner has handpicked the perfect defensive partner for him - yep, we should be seeing the reunion we have all been dreaming of....

Lescott and Richards!

James Milner, what on earth are you thinking?

Poor old Jürgen Klopp has been given the task of managing this pair. Could be entertaining seeing them try and do the old Gegenpressing.

Klopp shou;d be used to managing shit defences

People said Milner loved Villa and chose them 2 clowns. Rubbing into Villa fans ?

6 hours ago, John said:

Ex-Villa players often turn out to play in charity games. These two have done so here for Stan and what is a very good cause. Fair play to them. What they did and didn't do at our club can be put to one side for this weekend for me. They have done a good thing this time and have turned out for Stan to assist him in raising much needed cash. Well done to Stan and everyone else involved.

Was more the fact Richards hasnt played here for 2 years yet can play in a charity match. Though he often looked like he was playing in testimonials

Im all for raising money for great causes. Suppose watching comedy defensive act is entertaining ?

• Like 1

On 08/09/2018 at 02:40, Kiwivillan said:

Also Jedinak not at fault for any goal except back pass against Wigan 

So he has to be directly at fault for a goal before we can criticise him?

He's been woeful at centre back pretty much every time he has played there for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

So he has to be directly at fault for a goal before we can criticise him?

He's been woeful at centre back pretty much every time he has played there for us.

I would say the same about Elphick but worse. I'm not saying Jedi at CB is the answer and I'm not sure what I've seen of Tuanzebe in general play he is either and that's a horrible indictment against Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know whether he is injured or even fit but if we are seriously contemplating signing an unfit and probably over the hill James Collins who seemingly was a decisive influence on the dressing room why not look st Richards? Can he be any worse?

i have my suit of armour on ready for the replies!

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t know whether he is injured or even fit but if we are seriously contemplating signing an unfit and probably over the hill James Collins who seemingly was a decisive influence on the dressing room why not look st Richards? Can he be any worse?

Well I suppose Collins has at least got decent form more recently than Richards and therefore would be considered  better option. When is the last time Micah played consistently solid? 2010?

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes, he is worse. He's worse than pretty much any suggestion out there, including inanimate objects. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

I didnt see him play but I saw a video clip of Klopp giving a speech before the Petrov game. He looked like he has gained some kilos

To be honest, if I was a crock/limited player on a mega contract for years, I'd probably hang around like a bad smell too and secure my families future knowing there isn't going to be much else lined up in terms of contracts. The guy was an absolute beast at a young age and did alright, his agent did well to get him on a daft contract. We're still paying for previous years of neglect, sucks it's at Villa's expense but when you know you're done after this contract, you're not going to give it up. It's not nice to swallow but put yourself in his shoes at a club you didn't care about. 

• Like 1

Â