Micah Richards

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He has obviously threw the towel in sometime ago, due to his condition.

shame the wages girl, didn't decide to do the same, when she come to pay him.

Still a quality player in my opinion, when he was young, he was immense

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write him off, if we get him fit, then we’d have the best defender in The Championship 

I don't think he will ever be match fit again. He is physically shot to shit and has been for years. Quite why we signed him I will never know

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think he will ever be match fit again. He is physically shot to shit and has been for years. Quite why we signed him I will never know

He was excellent at the start at centre back, I think he’d be great at this level, he’d dominate 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you mean? Can you expand please?

I can - he's past it and no longer interested in playing football for a living and, instead, just wants to take the wages for doing sweet FA. 

Surely there is no Villa fan out there that would like to see Micah Richards given another game for us? 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was excellent at the start at centre back, I think he’d be great at this level, he’d dominate 

He can't physically perform at this level anymore. I think he will retire soon due to injuries.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s still a quality player, I’d start him tomorrow if I was manager but I’m not, much to the relief of this board

Pure PFE, as usual. 

• Like 1

SGC...whilst i enjoy your exuberance for young players no one has ever heard of your opinion of richards is seriously misplaced

he is for me the atypical english / premier league "world class" prospect of the last generation, he was a boy in a mans body, his youth giving him an energy and speed that was top class for his position and his body giving him a power and strength that was top class for his age, the actual football malarkey was a side show, didnt matter that he was pretty average at it he had time to develop and be coached, the problem is at 18 he's playing 30 PL games a season and for england, he's a millionaire, every man and his dog could see his positioning problems and his reliance on pace to recover but that would get better...the problem is it never got better...i could maybe accept an argument that he never got the coaching he needed but then the decisions he's made and the level of professionalism he's shown in the last 5 years throw that out of the window, he stayed at city too long, took the money, was never going to play but wouldnt leave, for us he's been shambolic, i cant see how anyone still thinks he has a football brain, worse than gabby in that regards, again taking the money, put a stupid amount of muscle and weight on, he can barely run and its not his knees thats the only problem there, i really hope the club has explored their options for sacking him based on what he's done to his body, he will never play football at this level again, wouldnt be surprised if he never played at any level again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Still a quality player in my opinion, when he was young, he was immense

Even Micah Richards admits he wasn't that great when he was young. He was just quick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Even Micah Richards admits he wasn't that great when he was young. He was just quick

And strong.

I think he is a good example of a player where some attributes (like strength and speed in this case) overshadows the fact that he isn't a particular good footballer. Awearness, positional ability, tactical ability, it doesn't seem to be there. When he played full back he was helped by having the sideline to stick to. When he was played as a central defender he was a constant liability imo.  

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And strong.

I think he is a good example of a player where some attributes (like strength and speed in this case) overshadows the fact that he isn't a particular good footballer. Awearness, positional ability, tactical ability, it doesn't seem to be there. When he played full back he was helped by having the sideline to stick to. When he was played as a central defender he was a constant liability imo.  

I agree. Like I alluded to above, I'm sure there's an interview where Richards basically admits this. Says that he got in the England and Man City team too soon and he was basically bailing himself out of mistakes because of his pace and power and being looked after by Richard Dunne playing next to him (at Man City).

• Like 1

Â